May Army 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May Army 2022

Good morning, been awake all night feeling sad and lonely . SO got myself up had a cup of coffee and trying to look for all the things I should feel grateful for.
    Sorry to write a miserable post when others are going through such a difficult time. When I think about what others have to put up with I feel even more guilty.

I need to get my backside into gear, get dressed and get out for a walk.

I am on lots of new medication so perhaps I am suffering the side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
      Good morning, been awake all night feeling sad and lonely . SO got myself up had a cup of coffee and trying to look for all the things I should feel grateful for.
      Sorry to write a miserable post when others are going through such a difficult time. When I think about what others have to put up with I feel even more guilty.

I need to get my backside into gear, get dressed and get out for a walk.

I am on lots of new medication so perhaps I am suffering the side effects.
      Sometimes I find I need to register the sadness/low feelings rather than brush them aside...surely you can see how normal that is in your circumstances...not only the loss of your lifetime partner but learning to live alone...that part took my mum a few years...and bloody medication...I've had to go on statins...I've genetically high cholesterol apparently and nothing will bring it below 7....the poxy things give me aches and pains everywhere...I've halved the dose and it seems a bit better...but yeah maybe one of the drugs you're on is adding to how you feel...but....cliché warning.....it does get easier...it really does...I watched my mum blossom when I really thought her life might as well be over xxxx
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thank you Molly, I'm suddenly on loads of medication including beta blockers, statins and hypertensive drugs. Perhaps they are part of my negative feelings. However, alcohol wouldn't even come into the equation, thank goodness

I am trying to live a different life because I can't have the old one back, which was so much easier than this one. Trying to look after the garden and all the DIY that I had never tackled before seems monumental.

Sorry for the moan--

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
          Thank you Molly, I'm suddenly on loads of medication including beta blockers, statins and hypertensive drugs. Perhaps they are part of my negative feelings. However, alcohol wouldn't even come into the equation, thank goodness

I am trying to live a different life because I can't have the old one back, which was so much easier than this one. Trying to look after the garden and all the DIY that I had never tackled before seems monumental.

Sorry for the moan--
          I really understand that...is there any possibility you could get someone for the big jobs in garden grass hedges etc and a handyman for the house things...I fall into the sexist trap of not knowing how to do things..(blocked drains..chain saws...broken appliances etc) purely cos Joe is happy to do it...I really should start learning...I know when he was sick I definitely thought of seriously downsizing not just the house but gardens as well...

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].............moan away, sweetheart. In fact its not moaning its telling it like it is.................its still very, very raw for you. :hug: Perhaps some talking therapy? or is that too soon as well?

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............it was just a day that ran away with itself.

I had to go and see my ear trumpet bloke at 8am. Apparently they've invented an add on gadget to my ear trumpets that will block out unnecessary background noise. To be honest it was all over my head. At near £1500 we declined. Himself went to work and I had a good auld look round town then went the craft club.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Rant away Brit, think Molly is right, drugs can have terrible side effects. Can relate regarding having work done outside. Because himself used to travel so much I did a lot of it as I went along but felt under pressure a few weeks ago when daughter wanted everything done by next weekend for this bbq. Decided I’m getting too old. Got someone in to do the patio cleaning and another fella to do the flower beds. Three men and three full days work. I can now do the nice bits, bedding plants etc
              Life is too short. £1,500 is steep JC, bet you can put it to better use. Hope you enjoyed craft club.

Spent the morning shopping for cottage and this bbq. Very tempted to go mad but will wait until it’s renovated, just the basics for now.

Comment

Evening...very sensible Rusters...I have unleashed a bit of a shopping addiction in myself...used to be clothes when first sober then got fed up of clothes...now it's house and garden....get excited about buying potting compost:egad:

Comment

I am inbetween both, still like my clothes but as the years go by, gravitating to garden centres and DIY shops. I could spend hours browsing screwfix. Wouldn't know how to install half the stuff but I like knowing about them.
                  [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], agree with everything said here, so normal every set of emotions your going through, no need for any apologies, good that you and come here and virtually scream. But the best bit is that booze isn't entering the equation :flower:

Wonder if Satz is still planning to travel tomorrow?

Army boast: we have a skip for 7 days.
                  Last edited by IamMary; May 12, 2022, 05:35 PM.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
                    I now have skip envy.

And would you believe its compost and some bedding plants buying this weekend. Mr JC will be like a pig in muck. I got an egg outdoor chair for my birthday so I can sit in that and order Mr. JC where I want stuff planted.

I wonder if Mikey will eat bees again this year even though he was lectured not to last year.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning everyone

I have serious skip envy Mary, need one badly down west but absolutely no way we would get one near the cottage at the moment so may have to do trip to dump, have to figure that out.

Need to buy bedding plants too for here so it’s all go. Heading west in morning so have to pack the car now.

Comment

I too am DREAMING of a skip! Not for down here...to prevent the stuff that should be in a skip from ever getting here....!!!

Had a lovely day today...went to the beach...absolutely glorious...very windy tho so we literally had the place to ourselves...then had the best lunch at the foot of Croagh Patrick...it's just all so majestic and pretty..I'm blown away...been here numerous times but as a tourist...it just feels different....so tired tho..hope all well and Mary still revelling in her skip:welldone:

Comment

Oh and my big boast;-) we've planted peas onions scallions strawberries and tomatoes..oh and a great big herb box...and lettuce..more to come...the Good Life would have nathin on us:welldone:

Comment

Evening ladies, not got skip envy but the Good life sounds right up my street Molly.
                            Did I see someone recommended The Virtues here? Just watched the first episode, powerful stuff. Spoiler alert: Stephen Graham is a great actor, I have to say the scene when he went off the rails and got slaughter and then waking up in a pile of vomit with cuts and bruises were so realistic on bang on the money it sent shivers down my spine. And the next morning when he was sitting with the bottle of cider and then dumped it, well I was living the moment, only difference is I wouldn’t have dumped it anywhere other than down my neck. So grateful right now to have escaped that madness.
                            Nite all.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Still skippidy doo da here.
                              Guys, your new gaffs sound like heaven. [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] where are you streaming that from or is it on channel 4? Looks v v good.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning...must give that a go Tabbers...well when I manage to get more than 4 stations on the tele....it's grand at the moment but will be glad to get Sky installed both for Tele and broadband for darker evenings! Sometimes lately it worries me a wee bit that I no longer feel the shivers when I see or hear was stories re. alcohol abuse...I can look at it objectively..and of course feel sympathy..but it's like I've disassociated myself with it...not sure that's a good thing.

Guessing Benjy may have got off to Munich...I hope so...definitely sounds like needing de-stressing.
                                Beautiful morning here so going to potter in garden and then going for a walk up round Moore Hall...I know Rusters knows it well...and who knows may come back and venture a wee swim at the pier...hmmmm
                                Laters xx

Comment

Working...
                                X