Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May Army 2022

Morning,
    Will have a look out for The Virtues..........love Stephen Graham. We've been watching the Black List (James Spader) we've been a bit lost since we finished Vikings.

But tonight its the Eurovision Song Contest...............its been a must see since the kids were little and we used to give them score cards. Not sure if its me getting older or they've upped their music but some of the songs are quite good.

I hope that Satzuma escaped to Germany................she needs a break.

And the excitement............I got my free bus pass yesterday. Unfortunately the photo of me looks like it was taken in a morgue.

Off to do the big shop..............just drop me a text if you need anything.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just feel sad the thread down the bottom of the page...just feel this time it may be time to call it a day...anyway...nothing much to declare and not much point anyways...night all
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Night everyone

Congrats on the bus pass JC. Hope Satz did get away, she needs the break. Thanks for the recommendation Tabs, must look that up.

Lovely place Molly, glad you enjoyed your walk. Us handful are the last men standing and the alcohol thing may be a distant memory but personally I have a fear of becoming complacent and slipping so feel I need to be part of a sober community. Just reading about YS struggles reminds me of how quickly it can all go south.

Another busy day at cottage but it is gradually taking shape. Great sense of achievement. Night all.

Comment

Morning all happy sober Sunday morning, remember the horrible mornings after the sat nights hangovers, I do.

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
          . [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] where are you streaming that from or is it on channel 4? Looks v v good.
          It is on All 4, channel 4Â’s streaming service but for some reason not available in Ireland now so my son downloaded it from somewhere for me shhhh.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          Sometimes lately it worries me a wee bit that I no longer feel the shivers when I see or hear was stories re. alcohol abuse...I can look at it objectively..and of course feel sympathy..but it's like I've disassociated myself with it...not sure that's a good thing.
          I think it is very good that you recognise this as a potential problem. There is a thing called fading effect bias where by as the longer we stop and the easier it gets we start to look back at past events more positively than they occurred. There is always a danger the without realizing it we start taking our sobriety a little for granted. We will tell ourselves we donÂ’t but for me I understand the need for daily work on keeping me from going back to drinking. I know in my heart I wonÂ’t but that isnÂ’t enough. I must never think I am cured or it wasnÂ’t actually that bad or maybe I could moderate at some point in the future. I donÂ’t honestly think this things will happen but I see now after over 18 months why some people still go to AA after 20 years, I really get it now. Personally I have my own way or protecting myself and it is multi faceted, and while I may not log on every day I do count this site and you my online friends as a very important part of this.

Just feel sad the thread down the bottom of the page...just feel this time it may be time to call it a day...anyway...nothing much to declare and not much point anyways...night all
          Nothing in life stays the same, things are in a constant state of change. The army thread is not the same as it was ten years ago but then neither are any of us here. As stated above I do see a point to this thread and a very valuable one, perhaps if it were more lead by discussions on al it might be seen as such but there are only so many times a dozen or so people can discuss the same subject without the input of fresh people, thatÂ’s just life I guess.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning...yes it is hard to keep re-hashing the same old stories...bit like as parents..our stories can get told too often!!!

Fabulous day here...the birdsong is extraordinary...really loving this countryside existence!
            Bit of gardening today ...Joe's cutting grass..then I think rugs out and enjoy some sunshine!

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
              Nothing in life stays the same, things are in a constant state of change. The army thread is not the same as it was ten years ago but then neither are any of us here. As stated above I do see a point to this thread and a very valuable one, perhaps if it were more lead by discussions on al it might be seen as such but there are only so many times a dozen or so people can discuss the same subject without the input of fresh people, thatÂ’s just life I guess.
              Yep, gone are the days where you'd scramble to log in and have a good read............do we let it die a peaceful death or do we fight to keep it going? To be honest I've looked to see if there's similar forums and found nothing. Most of the threads are quiet as well.
              I owe MWO my life so I'll be last to go down.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Yep, gone are the days where you'd scramble to log in and have a good read............do we let it die a peaceful death or do we fight to keep it going? To be honest I've looked to see if there's similar forums and found nothing. Most of the threads are quiet as well.
                I owe MWO my life so I'll be last to go down.
                Yeah...I feel a bit of a hypocrite complaining as I walked away for a year previously...I dunno Jacks..it's nice to chew the cud but sometimes it feels like you're talking to yourself..ah sure we'll soldier on another while I s'pose!

Comment

Evening everyone

Just back from the west. Great when the sprogs are old enough to be of use.

Herself working today but came back to immaculate house, smelling of Max Benjamin. 2 small refuse bags outside door and large bag of recycling bottles but can live with that. Lovely evening, going to bbq and read the papers outside. Hope you all had a nice Sunday.

Comment

Oh how lovely Rusters...mine are old enough but never mastered the whole 'clean like mum' clean...fair dues to her! Did you have a good weekend?

Comment

Do they get to a point of cleaning immaculately? You are giving me hope Rustop. You are not Molly :haha:

Tabbers, great post up there as always. Ill be sticking around too, partially as i should never really trust myself and this is my security blanket but also as id miss everyone here. :heartbeat:

Went on a very interesting biodiversity run today.

Hope satz is back with good news soon…
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning
                        [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............what the devil is a biodiversity run?

I won't be gallivanting any where. Its so dreary, windy and wet................I'm tempted to go back to bed.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Few showers here too today JC. Yea Mary I am also interested in what type of run that was?

When daughter cleans she is like a whirlwind but everything is put away, not necessarily in its own place but out of sight. I preempted that and took anything I wanted and put in my room but himself was wandering around last night looking for his cushions and a table. They did not make the cut. Hidden away in spare room.

It helped that Saturday was beautiful so they were all outside and not in the house too.

Hope Satz did get away and all ok with her.

Comment

Evening all...quiet day today..bit of gardening ...reading in the sun (despite them telling us we were in for torrential rain!)
                            Back to the big smoke tomorrow...not enthusiastic really specially cos we've so much work to do there to get it ready to rent out...ach...it'll get done...it has to....could do with Rusters daughters philosophy of cleaning....anyways...how's everyone?

Comment

Evening all...quiet day today..bit of gardening ...reading in the sun (despite them telling us we were in for torrential rain!)
                              Back to the big smoke tomorrow...not enthusiastic really specially cos we've so much work to do there to get it ready to rent out...ach...it'll get done...it has to....could do with Rusters daughters philosophy of cleaning....anyways...how's everyone?
                              Grand Molly. Life seems to be very busy at the moment but I think it only seems like that because we were locked up for two years, going nowhere and doing very little. Heading west again on Wednesday as they are coming to do the flooring. Bringing a car load of stuff again. It is coming together and was great being able to stay in it last weekend. Saves €100 a night on Airbnb’s.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                Morning
                                [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............what the devil is a biodiversity run?
                                we have a lovely nature reserve close by, Molly, you’ve probably been there, Turvey nature reserve.. and we have lots of knowledgeable runners, a biochemist lecturer and a few others big into herbs.. so it was a 5k loop with lots a stops to talk about plants and animals, the ecosystem really. Really interesting and a sunny morning too.

Safe travels Molly, ot long to go now!

Sounds like the party went well Rustop..
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X