Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DUI record

I would like to have seen the guzzling!

How the h e double hockey sticks do you drink sixteen drinks in two hours.

Wait, maybe I could do that:blush:
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

DUI record

WOW .50 is crazy. That is over 6 times the legal limit here in Canada. Unbelievable. Thank God she didnt kill anyone.
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

DUI record

I'm confused about the measuring. In most European countries I think around 0.05 is the limit, but I'm not sure what that means either. I just don't drink and drive. Does 0.5 mean what it sounds like it means? If so, wouldn't that be deadly?
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

DUI record

When you say 16 drinks in two hours is that more than 1bottle and half of wine because by our standards that would be 16 UNITS . Which I am sure many of us including myself have drunk in two hours?

Comment

DUI record

I want to cry for her...

Comment

DUI record

You all would be suprised at how high your blood alcohol can be if you are a binger or daily drinker. Your tolerance has gotten very high. I shared this before but one day when I didn't want to drink anymore I took myself into the hospital to detox. I walked in, remember everything, did not stumble, slur etc (hubby was with me & can vouch for it). The only thing that might have made me look like i was drinking was that I wasn't dressed nice & was crying. I looked like crap basically. I blood tested a 4.5 & Dr. said that any "normal" person would have been in an alcoholic coma. But since I was a daily drinker the alcohol accumilated.

p.s. I would never do that again. Here I went to detox & was given nothing. I laid on a cold bed in the E.R. and only one person came in to check on me in the early morning (5am). Needless to say I left the next morning. They released me only when my alcohol level showed it was going down & even by morning (approx. 12+ hrs after last drink) my blood alcohol only went down a little.

Suprising how the body handles alcohol.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

DUI record

Breez, that sounds awful. I can't believe you were not better taken care of, considering you could have died from alcohol poisoning. That is unbelievably irresponsible of the medical staff. Thank goodness you are still alive.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

DUI record

Thanks beatle...

It was a small hospital but still. So unprofessional. Nurses staring at me. I even had a male nurse who took my vitals the next morning ask if I had kids (I lied-my daughter was 2) & asked "why do you drink so much?" Idiot.
                  :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

DUI record

Janie, sounds like you are in a better place now than you were.
                    Breez, you were treated terribly inappropriately. There would be a lot of medical professionals in big trouble if it weren't for that people who drink are too embarassed or ashamed to call them on their blatant malpractice.

Comment

DUI record

Breeze that is terrible that you were treated like that.. in a hospital. Hard to believe. No wonder people don't want to go for help!

I got a DUI about 7 yrs ago & blew a .24. The arresting officers said that I didn't even seem that drunk. I wasn't staggering, or slurring. They'd just driven past my truck while I was parked near the beach & saw me taking a swig off of a long neck Bud. I thought I might still be able to pass the breathalizer too.. I didn't feel that drunk!

I'm soo thankful I didn't hurt anyone!
                      I did have some breath drops in my pocket that I used right before I blew in the machine... I later realized they had alcohol in them... maybe part of the reason for the high reading on the breathalizer... DUH!
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

DUI record

I was on my way to take kids to school when someone hit my car from behind, this was 08.30 am. The police came and even though it wasn't my fault they wanted to breathalyse me !!

The policeman asked if i had been drinking - did it look like that?- I admitted I had the night before, last drink about 10.30pm, but it was the last of 3-4 litres lager !! (didn't tell him that bit !!)

I nearly wet myself with fear, but blew into it. Praying all the time, THANK GOD it was negative. But that id give me a massive scare.

From then on I finished drinking a bit earlier in the evening so it would clear out of my system before driving to school.

A shamefaced Diamond
                        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

DUI record

I don't think I ever could drink 16 drinks in two hours. I wonder if they were hard liquor drinks. A .50 is a staggering number. A bottle of wine has about 5 drinks right? So she would have had to drink over 3 bottles of wine in two hours. That is insanity.
                          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

DUI record

Amazing re the WA woman. Occasional drinkers normally pass out at 1.2. I've heard that 3.5 - 4.0 can be alcoholic coma; 4.5 near death. 5.0 - Oh my goodness!!
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                            X