Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2022

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
    Satz, how is your son? I think of both of you often and hope so much he gets to the point of wanting to quit more than he wants to drink.
    I love reading about the normal lives of all of you in the Army. If you can make it through the highs and lows, it gives me confidence that I can, too. xx, NS
    Hi NS
    Thanks for the post. I enjoyed reading it, as always, when you come into the Army
    I'm so sorry to hear your Mam passed - rest in peace :hug::hug:

Thanks so much for thinking about YS even through your own issues :heart:
    He is the same, been drinking 4 weeks solid and I too can only now hope for the same as yourself : "that he gets to the point of wanting to quit more than he wants to drink".

I will stick by him for now but it's becoming very difficult to live with.
    Whatever he chooses now it is his life and he must deal with it.
    Anything I do now in helping him find his way is purely for the selfish reason of having a quiet life chez Satz without drama.
    But there will be a time when I will also have to make a decision and stop letting it drift.

Take care of yourself and good luck with the P
    otty-Training-with-Grandma Project ....
    Don't be a stranger xx
    Last edited by satz123; August 22, 2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Hi NS, its so lovely to "see" you again! I am very sorry about your mum. Its such a hard time isnt it? I always think of you when I make efforts to cut down my sugar consumption You always had such wise words about healthy living and eating. I hope you stick around or at least pop in for a visit from time to time. Its good to be reminded where we started isnt it?

Comment

Morning all.
        Just me & rosie today. It's like having a small child - doesn't like to be alone. So i'm kinda grounded after our morning walk - 'till the next walk

MrS has actually got himself some paid work ....
        His twin is a retired builder & needed to do a favour for a friend.
        MrS has been commandeered to be his 'labourer' for 2 weeks - fetching & carrying I presume.
        No harm - will stop him sweeping the road here as the leaves are starting to fall :haha:
        Last edited by satz123; August 23, 2022, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Morning all.
          Just me & rosie today. It's like having a small child - doesn't like to be alone. So i'm kinda grounded after our morning walk - 'till the next walk

MrS has actually got himself some paid work ....
          His twin is a retired builder & needed to do a favour for a friend.
          MrS has been commandeered to be his 'labourer' for 2 weeks - fetching & carrying I presume.
          No harm - will stop him sweeping the road here as the leaves are starting to fall :haha:
          :haha: Has Mr S retired now? My Mr S only works part time (same as me) no real hobbies but likes walking dog. I sometimes wonder what they think about all day :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
            :haha: Has Mr S retired now? My Mr S only works part time (same as me) no real hobbies but likes walking dog. I sometimes wonder what they think about all day :haha:
            I'll tell ye Starts - NOTHING ! :haha:

Comment

Ha ha. I’m lucky himself has so many hobbies. Retirement won’t be hard on him at all and I guess with Covid I have gotten used to him being home all the time. Have to say I do miss the days of having the place completely to myself. Sorry to read that you are still on the merry go round with YS Satz. Can only pray that one of these days he will have had enough. Hang in there and let Rosie comfort you.

On lunch break so waves to everyone else.

Comment

Agreed...sorry men!
                Busy day today with family..cooked properly for first time in ages and thankfully was nice.
                Off to bed now pure exhausted so night night xxx
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning all ..... where is everyone ?

Comment

I'm here...bit boring at the minute though...me I mean...not MWO ;-)
                    Morning all..Adam is here for a couple of days and he's a mad dog lover so he has Max up to 90! Exhausting that dog! How's everyone..?
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning all, busy working, last day before break until 05/09!!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        I'm here...bit boring at the minute though...me I mean...not MWO ;-)
                        Morning all..Adam is here for a couple of days and he's a mad dog lover so he has Max up to 90! Exhausting that dog! How's everyone..?
                        Rosie is small but takes up so much time too Molls. I'm on walking duty this week while the real breadwinner works :wink-new: 3 shaggin walks a day.
                        It's our own fault but she is awful clingy.
                        She's used to MrS being here all day.

Comment

Good Morning, Army!!
                          couldn't sign in the past couple of days cause i was running around like a chicken.. had to do a lot at work, extra cause i have a colleague who's sick and needed to get things done before yesterday morning.. my eldest and i are out at my best friends place in the country, taking care of house, dogs, chickens and garden while she's away till Friday.. it's so nice here but soooo much work. she bought the place and completely renovated 3 years ago and didn't quite realize how difficult it is to maintain such a big place.. for us it's a wonderful working vacay.. with 2 lakes and nice places to take long walks.. also just nice to have the time alone with my daughter.. asked my friend to put any alcohol she might have out of sight and she did.. though i know where it is, i have NO desire to drink.. this last time drinking was awful.. really depressing and physically completely debilitating.. i really felt like, god, what am i doing to myself? insanity.. so i brought my little book along and will write down the things i love.. beginning with a good night's sleep and no hangover!

sounds like everyone is doing well..

JC, the wedding must be just around the corner.. how many people are coming? are people staying around for a couple of days? are the couple going off on a honeymoon?

Satz, what kind of a dog is Rosie? i'm having fun with Holly and Sunny here.. a 4 year old Sheltie and a 5 month old Havanese.. very cute and i love them but dogs are a lot of work! though the fact that they're together makes it easier.. i know you work in a home with seniors.. do they all have dementia? are some there by their own accord or were they placed there by family.. or is it mixed?

Mary, how much longer till the marathon? i think you said, but i can't remember..

i've been listening to some good podcasts with people talking about addiction and how they got through.. also got the book that was mentioned here a few days ago, in the realm of hungry ghosts and am looking forward to starting it when i get home..

hope you're all having a lovely day..xx

Comment

Morning everyone

Oh lucky you Starty, enjoy. Dogs can be worse than children at times. Mind are walked and getting ready now to leave my “new” car into the garage. It was doing software update and froze. Screen has to be taken out and sent to Germany. Will take a week. Aghhh.

They are giving me a car but it is still a nuisance. Where is [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]? Please don’t stay away, no judgement here. Mary is probably doing back to school stuff and JC is in wedding mode. Shout out to Brit and Stirly, hope all ok?

Comment

Ah there you are LC, cross posted. Good to hear that you are doing well.

Comment

hi Rusty!!:congratulatory: what a pain with the car!! remember when i could practically fix my own '69 vw bug back in the day! i still miss that car..

Comment

Working...
                                X