Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting off :-)

Hello everyone :-)

I haven't posted for a few days but have been reading yours...

This is my first week on here, I am still drinking (with only one AF so far this week) but drinking half of what I used to..(even though that's more than I'd like)

I'm not kidding myself that I can turn this around in five minutes, so am cutting down slowly (and doing a lot of thinking)

Have had 5 beers over the last 4 hours and am now having a nice valerian tea (instead of drinking the 6 other beers I have in the fridge)

It's a start anyway..

Thanks for all your greetings and support so far...

Just thought it was time I checked in to say hello...

David x
    The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
    Oscar Wilde

Hi idiot wind

Well done for stopping and drinking the tea thats something ive neva been able to do once I start I carnt stop until its gone then I get more!!!!

So pat on the back for you :l

Luv Keepon

Comment

Hi David,

That's a great start, well done. I've had so many false starts but the trick is to not give up. You're at the beginning of your journey and you will find what eventually works for you. That's what I'm hoping for myself anyway.

Keep reading there is such a wealth of inforamtion here. And post when you can to let us know how you are doing.

Take care & good luck,

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

Hi David,
        Halving your alcohol consumption is an enormous leap forward-well done!!!!! As for the AF night-you shouldn`t think of it as `only` 1, rather think of it as the 1st of many.

I now have 10 AF nights out of last 12, and yes, am certainly looking forward to my `permitted` btl. of Chardonnay this coming weekend..........VERY MUCH SO!!!!!!! lol
        Best thing is though, knowing I`m damned determined to adhere to my self-imposed rule of 1 btl. a wk., as opposed to my past 1 btl. a night.

You`re doing fab!!!

Best wishes,

Starlight Impress

Comment

yeah, one AF day and half as much on the other days, that's real progress, I'd say.
          Thinking is good too.
          Keep on checking in. we like to hear from you.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi David and :welcome:

You are doing really well, with the help of the people here you CAN do this, I did it the same way as you, by cutting down gradually, it worked for me .....

Good Luck, Love & Hugs, BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi david
              Welcome - sounds like you are doing fine. This is a journey - each step counts. You'll get to where you need to be, just keep on posting....
              Hugs
              Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hello David - well done on your week of moderation with an af day - really good start; not easy with your enforced six weeks of impaired immobility - how are those stress fractures, mending well I hope.

Tu a bien fait, salut et bonne continuation..........luc.
                Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

Hey David, glad you are here and making progress
                  bear
                  What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                  ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

David, thats a great start! I'm also glad you are here, this site has really helped me too...I was about a bottle a night wino too...not every night, but lots, and hated all the ramifications that came with overindulging...I've halfed my intake too, and I can tell that your "resistance" goes down too, which helps, you can't really drink as much as before, if you do, OUCH, it hurts worse than before....lol.... You are doing great, we are all in the same boat, floating the same river, glad you are onboard....
                    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Welcome David glad you are here,
                      The support here becomes as addictive as the alcohol you are trying to give up. For me that has been the key. You don't have to fit in because you just automatically find your place. There are so many new people every day from all over the place. You don't have to get too personal if you don't want to but you don't have to be afraid to be yourself. We've all fallen down and there are always helping hands and arms to pick us up and hug us and set us back on course.

Keep reading and posting and letting us know how you are doing.

Rott
                      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

hiya and well done,

best wishes
                        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

It's Saturday morning and I don't feel ill! Amazing!

Hi again everyone

Feeling much better today as I have been forgiven (once again) by all my friends that I offended last weekend, when I got totally shitfaced, agro and made a total arse of myself..

Excessive drinking turns me into an idiot and I hate that feeling of guilt the next day and not knowing exactly what I have done...not only in person but emails and text messages I send when smashed (just love turning my mobile on and checking emails the next day!)

I also suffer mild anxiety and depression (mild.. but enough to stop me being myself a lot of the time) which I am certain is caused by alcohol, as it seems to improve dramatically with a few AF days..

I really don't need convincing to cut back dramatically...

This first week of cutting back by at least half is already a relief...

And I am going to do much better than that...

Thanks for reading and posting :l

David
                          The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
                          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Hello idiot!

My, that is fun to say!

Welcome!

Comment

Lucky

I was just waiting for that Lucky :goodjob:
                              Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                              X