We're going for more brain surgery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All, for you newer members here is a brief recap .......

My daughter Kerrie is 10 and suffered a bleed in her brain at birth, at 3 days old she had her 1st seizure, they said that she might not walk, talk, etc. etc. but as most of you know she is perfect (yes i'm a biased mum LOL).

She has carried on having seizures which have gradually got worse, I can't count the ambulance trips that we have had over the years ..... Last year we met a neurosurgoen who said that he could attempt to remove the scar tissue that was causing the seizures by surgery and possibly cure her totally ..... So last august they operated, It was the worst week of my entire life ....but the seizures have been drastically reduced since the op both in severity and frequency .....

After several opinions from differerent doctors we saw the Neurosurgoen again today, who wants to try again and have decided to go for it ........:argh:

We are now waiting for an appointment for her final scan before the OP ......

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

wow, you've been through a lot. Just wondering why new sugery if things have become so much better?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

betty i said b4 U R ! TOUGH TOUGH LADY WITH MASSES AN MASSES OF RESPECT FROM ME, i do so appreciate u bothering with my trivial shit at a time u must b so worried, an hey i bet she is perfect, there r miracles everyday, your daughter is 1 xxxx
      :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Betty, you seem at peace with your decision from what I sense? Will say prayers for a quick recovery. Let us know when it will be.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

thanks Lushy and Rachel, Beatle, Yes I agree, but the Neuro pointed out that although fewer seizures are good, No seizures all would be life changing for her ......
          sigpicXXX

Comment

ok, but surgery is always a trauma on the system. I'm sure you have it worked out, though.
            All my best wishes to you.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

(((BB))

You know I have a special afinity for you I also have epilepsy. I am symptom free for several years now. I wish the same for your daughter with all my heart. You are doing the right thing. I will be thinking special Boop thoughts for you and your daughter:l

Comment

You must be very worried Betty, but this sounds like a worthwhile operation. My son had a cerebal bleed at birth too. He suffered 3 seizures and was in special care for 8 days. We were extremly lucky though as he made a full recovery but he still has a flat head on the left side. Not sure whether this has anything to do with it. We were told at the time to expect behaviour problems later in life but touch wood(!) he is completly fine; a typical 4 yr old! But if he had continued to have seizures, I would follow the route you are taking. Thinking of you at this time. Bella xxxx

Comment

Dear Betty,

I'm thinking about you and your daughter. I wish you both the very best. She's lucky to have such a lovely mummy and she sounds lovely too.

Kitty
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                  Confucius

Comment

Betty,
                    I can't imagine how this has been for you over the years. You are one strong lady. My thoughts are with you and your girl.
                    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

I'll have you both in my prayers too BB.

Comment

Betty,

Wishing you and your family all the best... You brighten all of our days with your kindness and humor.

Keeping special prayers for you.

Kali

Comment

You're both in my thoughts & prayers Betty.
                          I also have seizures, but thanks to the right medication have been seizure free for over 8 years...
                          Hopefuly you & Kerrie will be able to say the same soon...:h
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Betty, the best to your Kerrie and you as well, I will say special prayers for your little angel on earth.
                            Hugs
                            mar

Comment

Hi Betty and Kerrie,

My prayers are with you, it is not an easy decision to take but with God's Grace you will both be fine.
                              Love
                              Diamond xx
                              I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                              I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                              X