Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do if you don't have the pub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do if you don't have the pub?

Quitting..the pub is my life.

What else is there to do??

Re: What do you do if you don't have the pub?

Freedom to do whatever I want. Running, biking, swimming, reading, taking an online course, meditation, looking for ways to make my life better, etc!!!
    Last edited by techie; February 16, 2023, 10:02 PM.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post

What else is there to do??
      Kev. You could discover yourself. Find out what you're really capable of. Have you given up on yourself already?

Go for what you really, really love that's healthy with no fear. Pubs have 4 walls. Like a prison. Visit some old friends, but don't live there. Good luck.
      Last edited by Guitarista; February 17, 2023, 07:19 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
        Kev. You could discover yourself. Find out what you're really capable of. Have you given up on yourself already?

Go for what you really, really love that's healthy with no fear. Pubs have 4 walls. Like a prison. Visit some old friends, but don't live there. Good luck.
        4 walls that's interesting. Thanks

I love the pub however

Comment

Freedom to pick up a new hobby. Now for me I can still go out and not drink and it does not bother me but for most going out to bars is a no no.

Start a new hobby like painting or crafts or video games.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Maybe take fun classes. I don't know what floats your boat, but I'm looking forward to flower arranging class. Cooking is good for me because I LOVE food.

What would you like to learn more about. Or, what would you like to experience?

My pup Mazie fills a lot of void in my life. She is my life!
            --

Dragster

"Never laugh at live dragons."
            ― J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
              I live in Ireland. I still go to the pub because that is where all the social activity is.
              I noticed that about Ireland. Once, you've seen the sights, activities were pretty much limited to pub, church and fishing. Pubs in Ireland are way more spiritual than churches, IMO. Damn, pub people get deep, and they perform for each other. I'm used to sports bars where you pretty much don't even talk to each other, LOL.
              --

Dragster

"Never laugh at live dragons."
              ― J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

Well Dragster looks like Kev is gone AWOL again. Pops in asks a question - doesn't like the answer & fecks off !

The reason Ireland is such an alcohol fuelled country and why we like to gather in pubs:
                a) the oppression of the British for 100s of years,
                b) the shit weather - dark & gloomy
                c) we love to talk.

We are by nature a shy, introverted race - alcohol removes inhibitions so we drink it and start yapping, singing, dancing.
                That's our story & we're sticking to it :hahaha:
                Yea and it's lovely the Guinness there.

Do all Irish or Dublin pubs how have non alcoholic Guinness on draft?

Comment

I live in Ireland. I still go to the pub because that is where all the social activity is. I can't change that.
                  But since getting sober I find it a bore after several hours because any normal conversation is lost when alcohol is involved.

So I go for a while, enjoy the craic then leave. Anything said after a few hours is rubbish anyway & will be forgotten by most. As will your early exit.
                  [MENTION=21863]scotskev81[/MENTION] a question - do you drink at home too ?
                  Don't drink at home unless it's a gathering

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
                    Don't drink at home unless it's a gathering
                    That's a good start, drinking alone is a veeeeeery slippery slope. Though i suppose if you end up going to the pub almost every evening there's not much difference except the location. I have no idea how old you are but from my experience you can get away with semi-frequent (social) drinking a lot easier in your 20's, if you're still going into your 30's though it really starts to catch up with you. Also habits start to get ingrained and making changes become harder and harder.
                    Last edited by Mulburry; March 2, 2023, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
                      That's a good start, drinking alone is a veeeeeery slippery slope. Though i suppose if you end up going to the pub almost every evening there's not much difference except the location. I have no idea how old you are but from my experience you can get away with semi-frequent (social) drinking a lot easier in your 20's, if you're still going into your 30's though it really starts to catch up with you. Also habits start to get ingrained and making changes become harder and harder.
                      Excellent post. You are spot on with your observations. The older one gets the more difficult it becomes and the health risks greatly increase.
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                      X