Is the glass half full or half empty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all and happy friday. Been visiting this site now for almost a month and thanks for keeping me alive and sober. Never shared my story here I really dont think there is enough writing space. I just moved to Utah about 6 weeks ago, i used to live in san diego ca ran into a a old school mate on the net when i was selling some motorcycles i had we started a phone relationship immediatlely then he started to fly out to san diego every month this went on for about five months. By this time I had told him where I had come from and all the tragedy i have been thru. to sum this up in words i would say being adopted issues not knowing my bio mother and wondering why she would give me up, total difunctional drinking family, divorce, death of a brother, husband been killed in a accident 13 years ago in his own car drunk although not in the passenger seat. I have a beautiful son from him!!! ( sorry to babble ) anyways he asked me to marry him on easter gave me a easter basket with a ring box and the most beautiful diamond ring ( way to big i think ) or is that I think i dont deserve it ? so i said yes ( i would have been a fool to say no, ) He saw and knew about my drinking I had told him I had four years clean at one time through aa and drank again after both my in laws died within three weeks of each other. my in laws where more of a famliy then i ever saw in my up bringing and i became very very close to them. so i drank after they died and I have been drinking heavy for five or six years. I am so thank full for my fiance he has done nothing but been supportive we cry together and laugh together. So i made plans to move to utah with him and on my out i manage to get a dui and what a ugly night it was, The physical fight that i put up was scary I was upset that this was going on in my front yard, i figured they didnt pull me over so that cant do this to me ( of course the police report said way different) so they manage to stack a pile of charges on me. ( my fiance bailed me out of jail from utah ) the GUILT EMBARASSMENT, THE SHAME, is i just cant put into words as i sit here and cry. So my fiance gave me three thousand dollars for an attorney in CA and i moved out here.Next week he goes to court again to find out where i stand they have already taken my license for a automatice year for refusal, i am going to have to go back out there and do community service ( which my attorney there is no way of transfering that to utah) im thinking about just checking into jail when i get there so no more expenses for hotels food car etc. ha ha my fiance says no way we will do what we need to do. So today i sit here almost two months sober again i feel like my life is on hold till next week I have kind of been sending my resume to big companys in my new area. guess im full of fear and shameand guilt like i said. Guess i do feel the glass is half empty today but on the other hand i play this game with my mind on a day to day and some time minute to minute basis.

Thank god for this website I know im not alone, and if i dont drink today things cant get any worse then they are they can only get better because im not drinking today.

Hi Karbihere ........

WOW what a story ............

Glad that you have found us, your new fiance sounds fabulous ....... He is a keeper for sure ..........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi karbi- glad you found us. Yup, our stories are different but we have a common bond.

All we can do sometimes is one day at a time. This is just a big bump in the road. Your future looks bright with your new fiance. Good luck & keep us posted. 4 yrs-wow. Just shows you YOU CAN DO IT. Congrats on 2 months!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Karbi, You're right . You are not alone. Things will get better. Glad you're here. You're fiance sounds like a great person.I've had a DUI before too. It was about 7 yrs ago. It sucked and it's a lot to deal with. But I'm SOOO thankful I din't hurt or kill anyone, I don't think I could ever get over that. Just remember things will get better. And thank God they're not worse...Looking forward to getting to know you better. Try & be patient with yourself. We all make mistakes. But we're still here, so get to start over every day with a fresh start.Sending you a big hug,Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Karbi, you are actually very lucky, you didn't go to jail and your fiance is a marvel. I was dreading you saying at the end he finished the relationship.

Wow, you should be proud of him and if possible tell him we all feel he is a star. :applaud:
          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Karbi.
            Most of us have been thier. DUI. I spent a night in jail with mine. (That was a long time ago; luckly for me back then drinking & driving wasn't dealt with like it is today.) Your in the right place. Lots of good support here. Welcome:welcome: " About the glass 1/2 half empty or 1/2 full..........Unforcently the glass always looks 1/2 empty for us......and you can never fill it up enough". IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD - you are so right !
              I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
              I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

that is quite a story, lets hope it has a happy end, your guy sounds lovely,
                :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

karbihere, for me anyway, coming to this site has caused my glass to be half full.

And certainly, your glass seems half full.

Best wishes,

Starlight Impress

Comment

he he, my glass is always full,!! thats the problem !! its always full of beer, the never ending glass, hopefully soon my glass will b half full a water !!!!

Comment

I don't know... but up until last month I would have said to you "If you're not going to drink it, I will".
                      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

u have done amazingly well and r an inspiration to me xx

Comment

Working...
                        X