April Army Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Assembly

I dunno Mary, I would love a more modern house really and also would love a house that that has great walks from the door. Maybe I am asking too much though as our house is not worth that much and my desires are a lot more expensive :haha:

Will google the chat thingy!

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
      Wow techie, thats great to hear. Well done you. Somethings are just priceless
      :happy2:

That was a wise move Molly, buying the house. And brave! But it was definitely the right decision. Do you miss the library at all?
      [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], would you invest in your current house with your lump sum? Renovate? Your clearly happy there.
      And definitely Google Chat Gbt, it's great craic! You don't download anything, it's a browser.
      Nope...it surprised me...but I don't miss it much at all..the people (some of them) I miss..but tbh libraries are americanising themselves a lot..it drove me to distraction...also the work ethic and frankly ignorance of literature among new recruits was frightening! So deffo time to go!!!!!
      Originally posted by starty View Post
      I dunno Mary, I would love a more modern house really and also would love a house that that has great walks from the door. Maybe I am asking too much though as our house is not worth that much and my desires are a lot more expensive :haha:

Will google the chat thingy!
      I think the 'walks from the door' is very important...maybe cos I lived where I did for such a long time ..the walks were shocking monotonous...here...I walk out the gate and go in any direction....do you know your house isn't worth much? You may be surprised!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Yes, judging by prices on Zoopla and what is sold round here and then looking at the type of house we would like. No comparison. Moving too far away is worrying as neither of us have much family and my friends have been amazing with Rich's condition and not knowing what the future holds. If we had a couple of hundred extra thousand, things might be different :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
          Yes, judging by prices on Zoopla and what is sold round here and then looking at the type of house we would like. No comparison. Moving too far away is worrying as neither of us have much family and my friends have been amazing with Rich's condition and not knowing what the future holds. If we had a couple of hundred extra thousand, things might be different :haha:
          Well couldn't we all do with more loot....still..maybe its best you don't have a choice then you'd feel you achully had to DO something (I'm a lazy cow that's how I am most of the time!)

Comment

Afternoon all

Hubby has had some sort of fluey thing all week and has given it to me so feeling rotten today. Can’t remember last time I was unwell so can’t complain too much. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Comment

Good day Arny. I appreciate all the support. It is all behind me now. Off on a run. Feel better Rusty. Blessings x
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

BTW, Mrs Techie and I have been using ChatGPT to create our business emails. Game changer, imo. I do have concerns about AI in general but this app has been huge for us. The expected cost is expected to be around $20/month but it is still free if you want to try it. I mention this as Mary tee’s up her experience a few days ago.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good man Techie ...no point looking back!
                  Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  Afternoon all

Hubby has had some sort of fluey thing all week and has given it to me so feeling rotten today. Can’t remember last time I was unwell so can’t complain too much. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
                  Oh Rusters...what part of you is it? I have a shocking sore throat and a thumping headache...had it for 3 days now but today was the worst...we had arranged to go to the races tho so DOSED myself with dispirin and paracetamol and a magic potion I got at a market a while back and I actually felt okay for a few hours....poxy now tho so I sympathise! Are you in Mayo?

Comment

Think the site is down tomorrow or something so if we don't get back on have a good weekend...

Comment

Okay just checked these it's not till tomorrow afternoon

Comment

Of courae its not Satz. Tbh, I just went ahead and got quotes. Mr M wasn't not on board, he just didn't see the point and didnt want the hassle. The kitchen was in an awful condition. I went deep and got everything done in one go, we took out walls, put in sliding doors etc.. His idea was fix one bit, then patch up another.. it'll be grand. Still have loads to do now, painting, carpets etc, but I'm delighted I ploughed on. If I'd waited for his blessing, nothing would change!!
                        [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], our house is nearly 100 years old and it's as modern as they come inside. If you decide to stay put, there's plenty you can do with your own.
                        If you moved, would you have to go really far? I get what you mean about friends and family. Molly was running away from hers :haha:

Thats a pain your both so sick Rustop and Molly.. mind yourselves.

Sun shining here and not a sinner awake yet!! The peace is lovely.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

You're right Mary, I could definitely do with sprucing it up. It seems such a massive task though and I dont have the ideas or imagination really plus we have lived here for 25 years and if I am honest, I am a bit bored with it! I should be practising gratitude on the fact we have a house!

Sorry you are poorly Rustop and Molls. I too am feeling very fragile today. Backache and headache and didnt even get up to walk the doggers which is sooooo unlike me. I have spent the morning telling them that rest is good and restorative :haha:

We went to a funeral yesterday of one of Mr S ex colleagues. So many of them have not made pension age and he is getting paranoid. It was a lovely service though. Music was Tears in Heaven Eric Clapton Stairway to heaven acoustic version and Not fade away the stones for closing. It was lovely. The celebrant was very good. Apparently the same celebrant that did Captain Sir Tom Moore if you remember him. He was the 100 year old that did 100 laps of his garden (well not really laps) to raise money for the NHS which is pretty kaput now. Anyhow it was lovely to see some of his old colleagues that I have met over the years although I didnt really know the man who passed away.

Comment

Sent a big long post...disappeared...have a good day all..I'm off to garden centre!

Comment

Afternoon all

I’m with Mary Satz. Just plough ahead, my hubby is the same he really does not see the necessity of cosmetic stuff. I’ve ordered a new bathroom and curtains regardless.

Feeling worse today, did not walk the dogs and like you Starty that is unheard of. Cancelled my book club, don’t want to give this to anyone. Going back to bed for the afternoon.

Comment

Poor Rusters...meet your sister...can't sleep with sore throat...miserable!

Just watch Seven Kings must die....tears rolling down my face..I've had a love affair with Uhtred in the Last Kingdom over the last few years...anyone who hasn't seen the series and the new movie as an add on to the series has missed a treat...imo best thing on tele almost ever!!
                                Now I'm going to bed with my magic potion...call out to missing folks...you know who you are!!!! Xxxx

Comment

Working...
                                X