Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Army Assembly

Whoop! Bye bye March Hello April!
    Let's hope we have some decent weather for a change. It's been a long time coming.

Re: April Army Assembly

Let’s have a fabulous April Army. Thank you Starty!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Morning all and happy April! I love it too...deffo onwards and upwards!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Morning all and happy April! I love it too...deffo onwards and upwards!

Good morning all

Love it too so we have a lot of happy campers. Wish the rain would stop. About to take the doggies out and looks like I’ll need the waterproofs again. Himself has gone fishing, his season has started. Definitely spring in the air.

Plan to paint one wall in bedroom. Still waiting for the new curtains so will have it all done by the time they arrive. That will be 3 done by end of day. Have a lovely Saturday everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
          Had horrible 'drinking dreams' last 2 nights.
          All had that horrible feeling of 'I've had a few drinks what will I do now to have more'. YUCK !!
          I had one not that long ago...ALL those 'feelings' rather than actual drinking...'will they notice?'...'how can I keep going'...guilt, sneakiness, lies.... HORRIBLE..HORRIBLE!!!
          Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
          Good morning all

Love it too so we have a lot of happy campers. Wish the rain would stop. About to take the doggies out and looks like I’ll need the waterproofs again. Himself has gone fishing, his season has started. Definitely spring in the air.

Plan to paint one wall in bedroom. Still waiting for the new curtains so will have it all done by the time they arrive. That will be 3 done by end of day. Have a lovely Saturday everyone.
          God yer a hive of activity down there Rusters..I'm lucky to get fresh beds made up when they're coming...speaking of which Jilly is coming down for Easter week so guessing we'll be busy!
          Lovely day here Rusters so I'd say the sunshine is heading your way.

Comment

Hi, Army. For me although those drinking dreams are disturbing, the absolute RELIEF and JOY of realizing it didn't happen makes it almost worth it!!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
              Hi, Army. For me although those drinking dreams are disturbing, the absolute RELIEF and JOY of realizing it didn't happen makes it almost worth it!!
              Hi NS...yes ..agree absolutely...its just those few horrible moments when you awake and aren't sure if it was real or not, how are you keeping? Life good?

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                Hi NS...yes ..agree absolutely...its just those few horrible moments when you awake and aren't sure if it was real or not, how are you keeping? Life good?
                Absolutely. Have not had the dreams in ages but a few times I’ve woken up and thought I should feel hungover just for those first few seconds on waking and then the relief of realising no how could I because I had not drunk anything.

Comment

Things are going pretty well here, Molly. I retired 31 December. It wasn't my choice (job elimination, which I guess beats being replaced) so I'm happy to discover that I like not working much better than I expected. I spend more time with grandsons and like the feeling of doing what I want, when I want rather than dealing with the whole life/work balance thing.

Spring is arriving slowly here so that is a little frustrating. I hope April lives up to our dreams!

Comment

Hi NS. I have never had a dream of drugging or drinking. Sounds like a nightmare. Not sure what that means in my case, but having one doesn’t sound pleasant. Have a great rest of your day!
                    Last edited by techie; April 1, 2023, 04:59 PM.
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Evening all. Havnt had a drinking dream in ages.. I still also love that zero hangover feeling in the morning..

Didn't realise so many here were still in their 50s too! I'm at the other end, but same decade. Still a while to go before my pension kicks in, but I like my job.. for now anyway!

Glad to hear MrS is doing so well [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. I suppose his recently diagnosis and friends passing on would question anyones mortality in the moment.

Lovely run this morning, only light rain.
                      Just got son insured on my car, he's only on the learner's permit. Had to cancel my policy as they wanted over 3k for him!! I shopped around and got it for 600. Still mad money but needs must. We will split it.

Early start. Irish orals for the leaving cert.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

OK I will bite. What are Irish Orals :egad: :haha:

600 is brilliant for insurance. Round here for a young one would be in the 1000s Mary.

Yes I periodically dream of drinking or pills, it really is horrible as so vivid! I find any disturbing dream that I have stays with me for a while and although I am hugely grateful it wasn't true, it still lingers with that unsettled feeling for a while.

Its going to be a better day here, but chilly. I have the heating on again this morning which not overly impressed about. I was hoping we could stop it in April.

Learned on Friday that Mr S needs to travel over a 150 miles for the bowel procedure.They cannot leave it as likely will turn cancerous and the surgeon at our local hospital isnt confident about removing this particular polyp as it might leave a hole in the bowel wall. He has to travel to Leeds at the other end of the country to see this particular surgeon for a consultation then get the procedure done later. Its a bit of a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          OK I will bite. What are Irish Orals :egad: :haha:

600 is brilliant for insurance. Round here for a young one would be in the 1000s Mary.

Yes I periodically dream of drinking or pills, it really is horrible as so vivid! I find any disturbing dream that I have stays with me for a while and although I am hugely grateful it wasn't true, it still lingers with that unsettled feeling for a while.

Its going to be a better day here, but chilly. I have the heating on again this morning which not overly impressed about. I was hoping we could stop it in April.

Learned on Friday that Mr S needs to travel over a 150 miles for the bowel procedure.They cannot leave it as likely will turn cancerous and the surgeon at our local hospital isnt confident about removing this particular polyp as it might leave a hole in the bowel wall. He has to travel to Leeds at the other end of the country to see this particular surgeon for a consultation then get the procedure done later. Its a bit of a nightmare.
                          It's an oral exam for Irish in our leaving cert. Actually saw some lassies in school uniform yesterday was wondering why on a Saturday...that must be it!
                          Terrible he has to travel so far but I spose it'd be worse if the local hospital attempted when not confident....its hard enough when people are unwell tho without adding that on. ..still need to 'introduce' ourselves to a doctor down here...nothin wrong with us tho !!
                          I didn't like turning 50 Mary..much more so than any other 'big' birthday....sort of couldn't deny middle age any longer...quite like where I am now...undisputably 'old' but completely active and healthy! Long may it last...
                          I retired 10 months ago as well NS and surprised myself by loving it...thought I'd be considering some part time work by now but norra notion of it!
                          Lovely morning!
                          Last edited by mollyka; April 2, 2023, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Morning,
                            Apologies for a short one.

Woke up thinking it was Easter Sunday..............I know I could get a gold medal in sleeping but its next week. :egad:

Got Jenny upstairs still in her bed. She's going back to York later today.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Somebody on the news this morning said 'happy easter'....so you're not alone ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X