Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Assembly

Good morning everyone

That?s the spirit Satz. Feeling slightly better this morning and doggies got walked. Still not 100% though so will take it easy for the rest of the day.

Is that on Netflix Molly? Will check it out, need a new series to watch.

Comment

Are you on the mend then Rusters? Had/have you a sore throat and headache?
      Max is allowed walk gently now and Joe wants to go somewhere
      ..just wanna go back to bed!
      Yes Rusters it's on Netflix...be sure do the series first and finish with the movie....think I'm going to start over again!

How's everyone else? Laughed at Mary's comment bout me running away....little bit true...I think with 4 kids I felt swamped! And the lads really are a different breed...if they see us once a month they're happy out...and I see as much of Jill now as I did before we left so....yeah it's our adventure!!

Right...Will think about dinner...Good side of feeling sick...dropped half stone put on since retiring....Happy days...dress for wedding bit too big tho :-(
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning sick people. Feeling a bit brighter here too. Took doggers out and then went back to bed and fell asleep for an hour and a half. Must've needed it.

Good start Satz. I always find if I want something doing, I need to organise it myself. Mr S will usually get on board if I sort it. His parents give him some money each year (?1500) he said what shall I do with it? I said nothing as its not my place to spend his money. So he said he would put it in the joint account as I am the money person :haha: love him So now I am planning some curtains that we need !

Comment

Molls, if people needed me all the time I would be running away too. My thing is I might need them which tempts me to stay

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
            Morning sick people. Feeling a bit brighter here too. Took doggers out and then went back to bed and fell asleep for an hour and a half. Must've needed it.

Good start Satz. I always find if I want something doing, I need to organise it myself. Mr S will usually get on board if I sort it. His parents give him some money each year (?1500) he said what shall I do with it? I said nothing as its not my place to spend his money. So he said he would put it in the joint account as I am the money person :haha: love him So now I am planning some curtains that we need !
            Good for you! I was always the money person but when his mum died ( million years ago now) it seemed that that was HIS money...he was a different person back then...so I had nothing to do with it...even when he wanted me to suggest things..I literally would not get involved...God he was a strange creature back then...he never got on with his mam but when she died he cut me off completely like I didn't exist...we were married about 10 years at that stage so not a casual relationship...at her funeral I literally had to find a car to drive me home from cemetery....it all caused serious wounds in our marriage but thankfully that's so different now....anyway to cut a long story short ( I must have been carrying a BIT of a grievance) when mum died I used some of her inheritance to do big job in the house...he was grand and the house was gorgeous so yeah....Happy days now but very sad looking back! Wasn't that I wanted his mum's money BTW...it was the cutting me out of his life....we've never discussed it to this day...I was too hurt...still am typing it!

Comment

Glad you're feeling a bit better Starts...I'm wondering had I covid...didn't feel like a common or garden cold.....anyways sounds like we all a bit on the mend PTL!

Comment

Yeah I would definitely be terribly hurt by those actions. I wonder what Mr S will be like when his parents die....I think he will be OK with any inheritance as he is certainly not precious about money but its so easy to clam up with grief. I think I probably did too when my mum died. Its almost like no one else can possibly understand how we feel. I think as things are OK now, best let that grievance die a death along with his mum xx

Maybe covid, maybe just a bug. I think the weather has been so awful for so long we are all a bit run down.

Wish I was good at choosing stuff.. looking at curtains and have no clue what would look nice or not.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                  Yeah I would definitely be terribly hurt by those actions. I wonder what Mr S will be like when his parents die....I think he will be OK with any inheritance as he is certainly not precious about money but its so easy to clam up with grief. I think I probably did too when my mum died. Its almost like no one else can possibly understand how we feel. I think as things are OK now, best let that grievance die a death along with his mum xx

Maybe covid, maybe just a bug. I think the weather has been so awful for so long we are all a bit run down.

Wish I was good at choosing stuff.. looking at curtains and have no clue what would look nice or not.
                  Ach his actions in the last few years have more than made up for previous unhappiness - it was only as I was rehashing it there...

Re. the curtains -- this is what I do NOW -- used to worry about 'fashionable' and 'in mode' sort of things -- now I go with my gut -- look online or go to a curtain shop and if something just draws your eye back to it -- that's probably the one you want to look at for the next however many years!! Fed up of being 'told' what to wear - what not to wear - what way to do my house -- nope I'll do it whatever way I want to..!! rant over ;-)

Lovely day here -- WAY warmer -- bout time too!!!

Comment

Afternoon all

That?s exactly where I am at Molly. Even with the cottage renovation, doing what suits us now and if someone else wants to make it bigger/better in the future then off with them.

Think it is some sort of flu we have. He had headaches, chills, aches. I did not have the headache or chills, just felt really groggy yesterday, scratchy throat and sort of achy. Slept 4 hours in the middle of the day. Must have done me some good as much better today.

Comment

Happy to hear you are on the mend, Molly and Rusty. I posted yesterday but it evaporated into the ether. Have a beautiful rest of the day and same to all who follow!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                        Afternoon all

That?s exactly where I am at Molly. Even with the cottage renovation, doing what suits us now and if someone else wants to make it bigger/better in the future then off with them.

Think it is some sort of flu we have. He had headaches, chills, aches. I did not have the headache or chills, just felt really groggy yesterday, scratchy throat and sort of achy. Slept 4 hours in the middle of the day. Must have done me some good as much better today.
                        Oh if I sleep during the day I know I'm sick!!! Great we are getting back to normal....and delighted you doing YOUR thing for the cottage....Jill can try to impose her taste on me under the guise of 'mum I don't want you dressing/decorating like an old lady'....it INFURIATES me....I've been PERFECTLY capable of dressing suitably and decorating my house and garden as I want it for well over 60 years...I'm not suddenly a doddery aul wan just cos I retired!!!!

Comment

Sorry Techie...I was just ranting and missed you there...I too had a big post went missing yesterday...AND I'd done it on my phone so buggered if I was going to repeat!

Comment

Afternoon all

Very quiet here today, hope you all have not caught myself and Mollys bug.

It?s the most glorious day here, sun shining. Wish I was out in the garden and not at work.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                              Afternoon all

Very quiet here today, hope you all have not caught myself and Mollys bug.

It?s the most glorious day here, sun shining. Wish I was out in the garden and not at work.
                              You and me again Rusters....everyone's cured ;-)

Happy birthday Jackie...hope the big fella is treating you!

Beautiful day alright Rusters..these lovely sunny days when I was working hurried along my retirement decision!

Comment

Hello Rusty and Molly. Mostly sleepless night here. Off to golf and hopefully I can stay awake. Have a beautiful day. Blessings x
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X