Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let religeon guide our doctors

ALL,

I thought this may be an interesting article for folks to read. It is essentially about how doctors are now allowing thier "morallity" to guide thier ability to practice medicine.

I find the article disgusting. I spoike to my Dad about it since he is a retired Doctor and he is shamed by it. He said so much for the hippocratic oath!

Doctors' beliefs hinder patient care - Women's Health - MSNBC.com

BTW... for the record I am Lutheran and I frankly don't want any doctor deciding whats best for me based upon his/her faith. I want them to treat me to the best of thier ability.
    Hablur

I agree - especially from those who have fanatical beliefs.
    I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
    I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Hablur, I read this too and shivered. At the same I wondered about the Hippocratic Oath. Maybe these doctors should re-read every now and then.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thank goodness I have not ever came across one of these doctors. I just had a heated discussion with my sister about where law should come into play with personal decisions. Now you want to let me to allow you to play "God" in my life Doctor? No thank You!
        Mar

Comment

Its appaling isn't it. A few years ago a friend of ours went for her 12 week scan to find out that the baby had stopped growing and died at 8 weeks. Because she hadn't miscarried yet, she was advised to have a D&C to clear out the womb. She waited for ages in the hospital on the day of her appointment only to be told she'd have to come back later in the afternoon because it was against the religion of the doctor on duty to do the procedure! Had he read his notes or not? I don't know but this poor woman had lost her baby she wasn't asking for an abortion.
          Suz
          Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

This kind of sh*t makes me want to lose my lunch. I can respect an individual doctor's right not to want to perform abortions or to refuse to provide birth control, including the morning after pill, but they should advertise themselves as such and not let their patients know at the last minute or when they are in trouble. I would feel sooo betrayed if my doc did that to me.

I don't know what pisses me off more--when male doctors do this or female docs!

Also, clinics should have at least one doc on AT ALL TIMES who is willing to perform abortions, D&C's and provide appropriate medications to women in need of them.

Just my :cents . :bat

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Ok, here is my opinion which may not be popular. I don't mean to offend anyone or start anything.

[
              I understand how one would feel these Doctors are out of line, and I believe considering the circumstances here; the hospital should have advised of another provider who would prescribe the drug. But I don?t think the government getting into the business of a hospital such as ?The Good Samaritan Hospital? and their services, based on their ?non-sectarian? religious convictions, is right. The hospital as an entity has a right to perform whatever services they choose to provide. Much like Planned Parenthood has every right to provide birth control and abortion counseling/services. The government has no right to interfere in either situation.

The U.S. constitution protects these institutions and practices. The government has no right to tell independent Doctors, Hospitals, Planned Parenthood, or Abortion Clinics what services they are to provide. It is the institutions constitutional right to refuse any treatment they feel is not appropriate; and to perform any legal treatment they feel is appropriate.

The Doctor didn?t try to interfere with the patient seeking other treatment; he only refused to do something he felt was improper. I am sure this is happening all the time with other procedures we are receiving from our personal physicians but we are not aware of it. They make decisions on treatment all the time based on what they believe. That is why some will not prescribe drugs to stop drinking and are judgmental about our predicament. The fact that we are reluctant to approach them about some of our deepest problems is a good indication we know we are not informed of our personal physician?s beliefs or personal practices.

?The Good Samaritan Hospital is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit community hospital whose purpose is to provide high quality acute, rehabilitative, and preventive health services for the entire community, regardless of creed, race, nationality, or ability to pay.?
              I personally believe this Hospital and Doctor are getting a bad rap for what they did.

What they didn't do that they could have done should actually be the question

God Bless
              Bear.
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
              X