Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat morning and I'm not ill! :-)

Hi again everyone

Feeling much better today as I have been forgiven during the week (once again) by all my friends that I offended last weekend, when I got totally shitfaced, agro and made a total arse of myself..

Excessive drinking turns me into an idiot and I hate that feeling of guilt the next day and not knowing exactly what I have done...not only in person but emails and text messages I send when smashed (just love turning my mobile on and checking emails the next day!)

I also suffer mild anxiety and depression (mild.. but enough to stop me being myself a lot of the time) which I am certain is made worse by alcohol, as it seems to improve dramatically with a few AF days..

I really don't need convincing to cut back ...

This first week of cutting back by half and a few AF's is already a relief...

And I am going to do much better than that...

Thanks for reading and posting :thanks:

David
    The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
    Oscar Wilde

Good morning David,
    Aaaaaaaagh.........the times I have made a total a*** of myself when having overindulged in the wine - done it all - became a phone, text and email pest, just like countless others on here - makes you totally cringe in morning, eh?

Yip, the anxiety and depression thing is another major issue for lots of us too, with many of us having used booze to self-medicate it for years. I also fnd all the AF days I have had lately are gradually seeing me become less anxious.

Think part of the fun of this `trip`(lol) is the voyage of self-discovery we undertake, as I don`t think anyone can be true to themselves whilst living in the booze bubble.

You come across as very determined and I think ultimately that determination is what spurs us on to continue on this journey when booze can so cleverly masquerade as `the cure of all ills`.

Feel proud of my 2 wks. moderating, but feel it will take me several months doing so before I can actually trust myself.

I wish you much luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

im still trying to place all the details of what happened together, in some kind a order!! well done david, good going, nxt week is gonna b my wek xx
      :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Hi Idiot wind

Well done i agree its nice to wake up feeling good!!!!!

Im like you in a way even when not drinking im very quiet and withdrawn and I suppose the alcohol gives me confidence but not the kind of confidence I want if you know what I mean so even if im withdrawn without it i prefer it that way and as time goes on my confidence builds up slowly but surely BUT then i go and knock it back down by drinking so therefore no drinking builds confidence.

I hope this makes sense I just got out of bed hehehe

Luv Keepon :h

Comment

Hi David,

Oh yes, I remember the 'OMG' what did I do last night ........

I find that the less I drink, the less anxious I am, I do still occasionally drink too much but no where near where I was last year, and the morning after I always wake up with anxiety, I think that it's part of the hangover for me .....

Nice to have you here,

BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Yep I am (was) king of the 2.00am text.... about the time everyone started going home and I was in need for additional drinking buddies to keep me going until I couldnt walk...

Hopefully that will be behind me.

Good work David

Comment

Hi David,

Wishing you all the best, and as you've already heard, we've all done similar things, and I agree with the depression bit, but thanks to determination and the help on this site I'm seeing a big difference in myself and my drinking, battle isn't won yet, but getting closer all the time, and not letting anything stop me from utlimately winning the fight.

Well Done Dave,

Love Jas :l
              :thanks: :h

Comment

David that's a great start,

Onwards and upwards from here!!!

I'm on day 6 af after a particularly awful Sunday night last week. Did alot of texting and woke up to answers from some people, and have no idea what my questions were!

I hate when I do that, I get a horrible feeling in my stomache and sometimes the only way to relieve the guilt and embarassment is to get smashed, and then the whole cycle starts again. I think the trick is to experience those feelings and just get past them the hard way. I know if I don't stop drinking I will live with those awful feelings forever.

Anyway glad you found this place, and see you around.

Kitty
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                Confucius

Comment

Thankyou :-)

Thank you everyone :thanks:

I would tell you all that you have no idea how much you help by replying to my posts, except that I'm sure that you do, having been there yourselves...

It's something that is impossible to discuss with a non problem drinker, as they really don't understand, even though they try...

David xxx
                  The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
                  Oscar Wilde

Comment

Good start david. I understand they don't understand. It is one of he pieces of mortar that holds us together

bear
                    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Great beginning David! Welcome, and yes, we do understand-all too well, I'm afraid about the morning after dread AND the understanding and support that you get from this board that you can't get elsewhere. Look forward to hearing from you in the future!
                      Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Working...
                      X