4 Years for this lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Years for this lady

4 Years ago today I was hungover and regretting the night before. I had promised to stay sober but did not and I could hear the disappointment from my mom. I slept like crap because AL insomnia kicked in again so I did not sleep that much. I knew I had to quit again soon and I went to a memorial service for a tenant that had passed at work and when I nearly fell asleep I told myself that I have had enough. So 4 years ago today I quit drinking for good and this time I will not take this quit for granted.
    4 years later and I sleep better and I have saved so much money with not drinking. Here to another sober year taking it ODAAT!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Way to go Alison!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: 4 Years for this lady

Congrats on this awesome accomplishment, Drifty. So proud of you! ODAAT 🥰

Comment

Re: 4 Years for this lady

Congratulations Drifty XO
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Congrats! 4 years is great ! You have really put it together
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...
          X