What's in a name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's in a name?

While looking at some of the usernames it got me wondering how a username is arrived at?

I know that some are self explanatory but others, I just can imagine what they could mean.

I was "imagine" that was part of my email address so I decided it would be better to change it.

I wanted to change it to serenity or something like that but anything close was already taken. I googled serenity and came up with quiescent, which I thought meant the same thing. Turns out it means something entirely different but I'm stuck with it now. It has grown on me

How did you arrive at your user name?
    :h :h :h :h

What's in a name?

Q,

I do not even know how to pronounce your name!

It is all good though-

Comment

What's in a name?

Q, I've always like your name, even though I haven't a clue what it means, Mine-Simeybear- is the nick name for my dog Simon. You all with access to the photo gallery can see him. He's the big fluffy white guy. He had my heart the day we met. (if I could only meet a man whith eyes like that, I'd be a goner) I have thought about changing it from time to time because it does sound like a burly guy. but to late now! I think my favorite screen name here is probably happy camper. Just sounds like nothing could ever bother you if you a happy camper!
      Smiles
      Mar

Comment

What's in a name?

My username was chosen to reflect how I feel like I am one dazzlingly impressive gal..............only when drunk as a skunk, of course!!!! ha ha ha ha ha

Starlight Impress

Comment

What's in a name?

Lucky,
          I found this for you "qui?es?cent" does that help?

Simeybear, are you ready for this? I have a yellow lab (he is mostly white) and his name is Simon! I like your name too and I don't think you sound burly.....

Comment

What's in a name?

Thanks. You will forever be Q to me though! Hope that is ok.

Comment

What's in a name?

I can only call you Q too.

I actually picked my name as a joke and figured someone would have already taken it. Now I could not imagine being anything but lushy.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

What's in a name?

All you guys....your name will always be your names to me from now on out. Especially lucky and lushy.
                I'm gabby cuz in real life sober or what ever.....take a guess why....
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

What's in a name?

Q is fine but it makes me think of the video game Qbert......have you ever heard of it?

Gabby, do you talk a lot? I will never forget the kool-aid man avatar.

Lushy, I can't imagine you being anything other than Lushy either!

Comment

What's in a name?

I don't even remember registering on this forum as I was blind drunk at the time.. I suppose in my drunken state I choose Irishlady because I am Irish and sometimes I can be a lady, only sometimes mind you..
                    A F F L..
                    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

What's in a name?

Quiescent is a beautiful word, just looked it up and Quiescent you are anything but!!!

Kitty

So called because I'm cat crazy!!!!!!! And it was my great-great grandmother's name, who was a Romany Gypsy and as a family legend goes a Witch!!!!!
                      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                      Confucius

Comment

What's in a name?

Q, ya I'm a talker. Even with both feet in my mouth. Can't imagine ever havin a gag order given. Would need to be placed in isolation.
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

What's in a name?

I know my name seems obvious but there is a reason. One day when I was feeling low after a binge I was browsing music on myspace and came across this song called You gotta Keep on going the words lifted me as what he was singing was right

Comment

What's in a name?

"Saint Jude" is actually the Patron saint of Lost causes! Talk about "Mother's Intuition!" LOL!

But I think I came up w/the name because whenever drunk & ugly I would always be in trouble, and get sarcastic w/whoever was around.. usually my Hubby (correcting me... or trying to!)... I would often slur out..."I'm not Saint F---n Jude!" Or something like... "Guess I'll be Saint Jude next week"...
                            No I don't get sarcastic when I drink...why?
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

What's in a name?

To me Mags is everything I sometimes am but always wanted to be. It really has nothing to do with my "real" name. But I am Mags here. I feel so comfortable with it. To me it is a no sh** short word, terribly down to earth, rough around the edges but with substance in the middle. Free to interpretation.
                              Great thread. And just so you know, I really don't have a body - only smiley toes!!!!
                              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X