What's in a name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's in a name?

Well originally my name was a short version on my real name, but then I changed it for a reason.

Anyways I chose Lotus because I had a reading with a psychic and she said my mum was nearby and had bought me a Lotus blossom.

Comment

What's in a name?

First Name boring, was mine, Jasmin. Now Pisces cause it's my star sign... boring, lol xx
      :thanks: :h

Comment

What's in a name?

When I chose mine, I was choosing to release myself from the power of the addiction. It seems to be working, I'm close to 3 months!

Comment

What's in a name?

Q this was a great thread. Thanks for posting it
          bear
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

What's in a name?

Yes this is a great idea and the one, besides Q's (see I can't even spell it) that made me ponder the most was FRMCA but she has since changed it and OK.. DBR I am so glad you explained to because I could not figure that one out!!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

What's in a name?

Beaches, It took me a while to figure out FRMCA's because I always thought it said Formica. Turns out it meant From California. Very clever.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

What's in a name?

I am bumping this again
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

What's in a name?

OK. I'm happy being The Frog now but I actually started out being a Tawny Frogmouth but that handle was too long. Tawny refers to its colour.

The Frogmouth, an Australian bird, is unique in that it has the ability to change its body-shape to mimic its surroundings. It often looks like a log or a piece of branch. A nocturnal bird, it can sometimes be seen roosting on low, horizontal branches, perfectly camouflaged. It may watch you with one eye open but remain totally still. Rigid. Anonymous. Not many people get to experience or interact with a frogmouth.

I guess I could identify with that. I was able to see what was going on around me but I silently, unquestioningly, blended into my circumstances. I felt invisible.

So there. That's me explained.

Comment

What's in a name?

Tawny, I wondered, there is a Tawny Frogmouth at our zoo. Very lovely and noble bird- a kingfisher?Anyways...good thoughts...
                    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

What's in a name?

I chose Satori because it means "an enduring state of enlightenment" in Zen Buddhism.

I felt when I was registering here that I had finally "seen the light" as far as my alcohol problem was concerned and had realised had that things had to change permanently.

Satori
                      xxx
                      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

What's in a name?

bumping this thread

thought it would be fun to bump this thread up for the newbies...

Comment

What's in a name?

When I heard the Nora Jones song with her lyrics of wanting to escape and saying "my heart is drenched in wine"...I thought WOW, I am not the only one....other "normal" people have drinking problems.

The term "alcoholic" in my mind always conjured up images of "losers". Now I get all the stories I was told of my alcoholic grandfather who was a physician. You can be "successful" and an alcoholic or should I say a functioning alcoholic? I guess I was ignorant but then I just really related to the song when I heard it.
                          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                          - George Jackson

Comment

What's in a name?

Panadol was all I could think of at the time.
                            Probably due to the amount of it I was
                            taking for hangovers!

Comment

What's in a name?

I was so desperate to 'get on here' when I found it - like an oasis in a desert after days of thrist! - that I picked the first thing that came into my head - Finding My Feet....must have been a goody; I have always found it hard to stay grounded! And I had certainly lost my way....! I also had this guy :sofa: in my signature line; I felt (and still do often!) shy and scared to show my real self...but that was good because here was the first time I could admit it and not feel dangerously vulnerable. And I think that 'allowing' was one of the biggest things I did at first! I could at last stop 'pretending' I was just fine....and that wasn't about drink, just about being born!!! I had spent far too long in 'fake it 'til you make it'....I was exhausted! (And look where it had got me! A definitely-not-made-it problem drinker!!)

It allowed me to go back to the beginning....and find my feet.

And then I 'moved up' a bit, removed the little sofa guy (I still think he's so adorable and I want to hug him (me?! Good!)), put up the c: for obvious reasons - check out the length of this compared to the others!!! - hmmm! - and changed to Finding My Self....

One day I plan to change to Finding My Soul..... when blessed.

Love FMS xx
                              :heart: c: :heart:
                              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

What's in a name?

Thank u for bumping this, I luv it.

Alas my name is simply a shortened version of my last name at the time I joined. Now that I married it's not even that, but I've been Hart on a couple of forums and it's familiar to me, so I kept it.

Heck I didn't take anything else out of the divorce! :H

Comment

Working...
                                X