Japanese Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Car

Just something I read today....how many times I would have been walking.

Japan vs. DUI

Japanese carmakers have been developing ways to reduce the number of accidents involving drivers under the influence of alcohol. Toyota is testing a car (set to debut in 2009) whose engine shuts down if the driver is drunk. It features sensors on the steering wheel that measure the alcohol level in the driver?s sweat. Wearing gloves? A dashboard camera checks for dilated pupils, and a computer monitors for erratic steering. Meanwhile, Nissan is working on a built-in Breathalyzer that a driver must blow into before starting up. A similar device already is used in the U.S. for some DUI offenders.

That last sentence reminds me of the drunk girl in "The 40 yr Old Virgin" where she goes "here blow into this" & drives off drunk.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Japanese Car

It might be a good thing what Toyota is doing if people who have multiple DUI's still want to drive. This way they could stay out of trouble and ruining their lives by not getting another DUI. If the car did not start then they have to stay put of call a cab or family or friend.

Samys

Comment

Japanese Car

About that breath blower into thingy...when I was a teenager a friend of mine's mom had gotten a DUI and was required to have one of those in her car, she used to make my friend (her son) blow into it for her, so she could drive anyway...
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Japanese Car

It's a great idea, but knowing how clever drunks can be, they would figure out some way of disabling whatever apparatus keeps them from driving their car. Hopefully it's not easy to disable once you are already pretty lit.
        The car should also have a device that will call you a taxi, or better yet the police.
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
        X