The spite vase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The spite vase

Yesterday, I was down in my basement milling about and came across it. The spite vase as my husband calls it accuratley so. I was at an auction, when I bid on this vase the woman next to me bid. I sized her up and decided I wasn't going to loose to her! I am sooo competitive!! So I ended up spending too much on a vase, that I really can't use, it is over 2 feet tall with a very narrow neck. Very hard to find a flower that can stand alone and look good in it. Like I said I am so competitive, I need to win. Is anyone else like this or have your own "spite" story? please share so I don't have to feel so shallow. I think I've grown some since then, I am a giving person by nature, so I don't know if it's the winning for me or the control. I am a major control freak! maybe I should be the most conflicted member.
    Smiles
    Mar

The spite vase

hi its the most dumb ass member, i have never bid at auction, i did wind up with a completly use less piece of junk,,,,,, a man because of spite, a girl who had always ben the perfect 1 at school started seeing my ex bf, we had only just split up, she was going around saying i cant belive e went out with that tramp etc etc, so me thinking i would get her back decided to make a play for her ex, they had not been together that long, i got him an felt quite chuffed, marched up to her an said, welll i cant b that bad if your ex an my ex both want me!!!!! well long story short he ended up leaching cash of me an beating me up for 2 yrs, oh didnt i show her!!!!!!! she on the other hand has remained with my ex , the love of my life incidently, i had a miscarrage at 15 to him an was with him 3 yrs , well shes now got 2 kids nice house, nice car nice life i guess, so i dont do spite any more!!!!
    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

The spite vase

LOL

the vase story made me laugh. but Rachel's spite story was a great response.

I don't have any spite stories. :upset:

Comment

The spite vase

Auctions are not a good thing for me at all. My competitive streak really comes out and I end up spending money we do not have. Take for instance my prized stepping stone that I paid $750.00 for when my daughter was in Kindergarten. It is beautiful, but not worth $750.00. But I had to have it and I was not going to let anyone outbid me (and the few glasses of wine I had had did not help matters either). I have never gone to another one of her school auctions. I feel like I paid forward. And the stepping stone sits shrine-like at our back door and must be polished weekly!

And Mar, I have a vase like you described. I have tried all different kinds of grasses and flowers in there and nothing looks right in it.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The spite vase

When I was 'cutting down' my drinking I found 'ebay', and because it is similar to a live auction I couldn't let people outbid me.

Of course now I am learning to 'let go' and not be so petty.
          (Is that possible) LOL
          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

The spite vase

On ebay I gave up on the auctions because I had NO patience so now I just do the "Buy it Now" option so I have complete control. I get ripped off but I am in control, DUH!!!!
            Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

The spite vase

Simey, it's annoying wasting money, I know but that's funny! How about sticking a single sunflower in the vase, or a single Oriental Lilly. You could make a bit of a centrepiece out of it.

I can become ultra competitive with sport. I've raised this thought amongst my sporting friends and most think it's unsportsmanlike to be competitive but I think it's healthy and use it in a good way.

I don't know... I just think a bit of healthy competition is really good for the soul.
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

The spite vase

I guess I've lost it,

But the best spite story I know of is my ex taking my son, after saying "if you break up with me you will never see your son again", ok he got me for 12 years, and filled me with pain, but didn't work, cause I found him, and my son had missed me as much as i'd missed him, so my comeback was......my son moved in with me and we bonded again, and he looks just like me, male version, lol, so jam that sad dad, lol.

Yes, happiness, just got to offload parents, aaahhh!!!

Love you all heaps, jas, xxx
                :thanks: :h

Comment

The spite vase

Oh man do I have alot!! The thing I can't figure out is when I try to sell something that I "had to have whatever the cost", NOBODY wants to buy it, even for even a pittance. :H

Comment

The spite vase

your ex sounds nice, !
                    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Working...
                    X