Garden check!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden check!

Here in the Rockies, it will be 2 months before we get the tomatoes (right before it snows again!!!!!). I am so envious -- it's hard work getting something to grow in our subpar soil with little moisture and a short growing season. I grew up in Northern California where anything will grow wild! Your squash is beautiful!!!
    T.
    Mama T.
    Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

Garden check!

Hi all, great to hear everyone's excitement about planting!

We are having a pool installed in a couple of months time so I can't really get stuck into the garden(I'm not being flash - the kids need exercise okay? ). However, through sheer frustration, I purchased a load of giant tubs and planted lemon, orange, lime and grapefruit trees and some veggies (carrot, onion, lettuce, cabbage, leeks and silverbeet and another load of pots with rosemary, sage, parsley, thyme and coriander. I will have to transplant the trees once the bobcat has been in and the pool is all finished.

I must admit, it takes a lot to beat the feeling of satisfaction of having fruit and veggies flourishing in your own back yard :sigh: .

Comment

Garden check!

Pots are a great idea and we have some raised beds that we added bought soil for.

I would love to have a pool! I have a catfish- bass pond! Does that count?
        Mamatee...Squash is a veggie that is here by the tons and then suddenly its gone! I love the beginning and the end of it!

LOL!
        Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Garden check!

I love summer time!
          Still picking and planting here!
          I have a yellow watermelon(Auburn Gold) that I'm taking special care of.I'll post a picture when we cut it!

Have some fun!
          Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Garden check!

I have been taking my mint to work to garnish drinks, everyone is loving it. I also have chocolate mint growing and will pick today. I would love to see that yellow watermelon, sounds so neat. I am growing yellow, orange and purple tomatoes!!

Sammys

Comment

Working...
            X