Wake up call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake up call

One of my best friends lost their life to suicide on Saturday. It had been a long hard battle in which alcohol was involved, but not main factor. I was involved for many years and tears altho not so much this year as I have moved 400 miles away. She phoned last week in a state and I just could not face taking another call. And now she is dead. And has left two young daughters. I have two younger daughters and am killing myself slower but just as surely with alcohol, without fighting any of the demons she was. What is wrong with me?
    Pipsqueak

Wake up call

Wow, that sure is a wake up call. What are you going to do about it?
    You shouldn't ask what's wrong with you (though I constantly do, too). What is wrong with us all?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Wake up call

Pipsqueak,
      Am so sorry.
      Yes, think we should all realise just how very dangerous it is to be an alcoholic...........
      Will pray for you, your friend and her children.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Wake up call

Pip,

How tragic. Alcohol is an evil sudeucer. It can make you feel good and then bad. I suffer from depression and I know how tough it can be to get yourself motivated day to day. Sometimes you think alcohol will give you that little lift, but it only makes things worse.
        ( After all alcohol is a depressent--if your already depressed----well you know.) Anyway keep posting and reading on MWO---it's done a world of good for me. IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Wake up call

Pipsqueak, I have lost 3 people I have known to suicide, and almost lost one other (failed attempt). The aftermath for all those connected is rough, no matter how far away in distance you were. Please be gentle with yourself. There are always the questions the survivors have of themselves, and the ever present ever popular survivors guilt that pops up at the most unexpected times. Keep us posted how you are doing, and please take care. Hugs to you
          Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Wake up call

Hi Pipsqueak,

I hope you're not blaming yourself for not answering the phone. People who are suicidal can really be wearing, even if their needs are genuine. It can be so hard to give them the support and hope that they need.

As for you, yes, this IS a wake-up call. I hope that MWO can provide you with the help that you need to decide what you want to do about your drinking. I haven't seen you that much, so I hope we'll be seeing more of you around here!

I'm so sorry for your loss, and your friend and her children, as well as you, will be in my prayers.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wake up call

Keep posting and reading here Pipsqueek.

What has happened to your mate is pure tragedy. Be good to yourself.

Scoobs
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Working...
              X