Why we deceive everyone around us ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how bad we have it? Our love affair with alcohol. We forsake our family & friends. Our own dignity! What a suduction. Alcohol is the route of all that is evil for those that are alcoholics. Our Mistress is cold and unforgiving. Yet we make excuses & deceive our love ones for her. Your thoughts ? IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

I do believe Irish posted a great thread on this, maybe someone who is really good at this computer stuff could paste it here. It is a great question and she had an awesome answer.

Good one IAD,
    Sammys

Comment

i cant get the hang of tis technical stuff either, i think this weekend i realised just how much my affair takes over my sense of everything, it tells me to do the opposite of what i know i want to do, 4 exmple i was meant to b cutting down, my blood test today will b awfull, but i been telling myself, well at least now the dr will have the true degree of the problem, which im still telling myself, i even drank a beer as i was going out the door to go, my love affair with alcohol is truely a destructive, wholly unhealthy one that needs bringing to an end! soon xx
      :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Rachel,
        How are you doing? You OK.
        IAD !
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

hi a , yes im ok , got a big old bruise, she got me good, they took 8 viles i think so no wonder, it s daft how now im gonna b worried about what shows in blood, but it dosent stop me doin these things, im really not wired up right, !! fri i got to make the appointment to go bk, depending on bf as he is going to come with me, i think he neds to hear what they say, he may stop buying beer then, he thinks im gonna b fine, only cos he has drunk few beers after work all his life, an he is fine, he can takeit or leave it, wish that was true of all of us,

Comment

Very well said IAD... oh so true.
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

We as alcoholics finds it relatively easy to deceive all around us, as our addiction has taught us how to be so clever and devious.

Such a shame that we are also so STUPID!!!!!

Starlight Impress

Comment

We are so good at deception it is scary. And I am still finding partial bottles of booze hidden around the shop in places even I wouldn't think to look. Go figure
                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Why I told my husband

This is why I expressly told my husband, and my bartenders (who think my bottle to bottle and or two a day are nothing!!) and my children (adults). I have, however, NOT told my 83 year old parents because they have enough issues and concerns to deal with.
                  But I decided no more hiding, not more lying, lay it out on the table.

My husband is behind me 100% to "fix it" Of course, being a non-drinker, his attitiude is "just quit" drinking, however, he has many alcoholics in his family so he truly understands addiction and knows it is not that easy. He also has his own "issues" that are not like ours but nonetheless just as difficult to deal with. (Geez, he's human, too!!)

I refuse to lie or hide any more except to insurance (monetary self-preservation), family members who can't handle it (love), employers who would fire (self-preservation), etc.

I am an alcoholic and I need to face it and I need to let those who love me be aware of it.

I DO try to hide it from my grandchildren. I DO NOT WANT THEM TO GROW UP WITH THIS SPECTRE!! There truly is such a thing as tacit approval.

Boy, was that a tough thing to do!! I have always been a bulwark of the family, the one who keeps us together, handles the sick ones, takes care of the tough decisions and brings in the money. It is hard to admit one's flaws. However, my husband and my children are all behind me 100%. It is good to be truly loved, and scary. I hope I can show then I can be overcome this thing!!

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

There is a fantastic thread somewhere here written by Katsm called 'Voddy.' Read it everyone as it is so true. Bella xxxx

Comment

Sorry...I mean Katesm

Comment

i think i have kind a been honest wiv my bf, i was drunk at time but i remember telling him about my hiding habbits, he has now started counting cans! he s not as clever as me tho !!! i never told him all the places an there r ways to confuse a can counter!!! BUT i have been honest about the morning drinking , the shaking an overwhelming feeling of oh my god i cant stop, just waiting to c if all his talk is JUST TALK, im sure after a week or so it will b rthe weekend an im sure he will feel like he is being punished for my drink problem, but if he has no problem it should b easy to go without 4 a while, i just hope he dosent spend most of his time in the pub, or it will b the return of the evil green eyed monster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Rach, Wish you were my neighbour...

The weekends I drink first thing are getting fewer, but know how you feel, had one the we before last, alone, so tried to hide, as it goes hey. Spent Sat getting a tatt redone, and spinning out the Rebels there, lol. Not good though, I'm really a mixed up bit of shit, but will try again tomorrow, bad me....
                          :thanks: :h

Comment

Hi,
                            I read the thread 'voddy' it was so true.

I have finished with my secret 'affair', but he keeps contacting me to start it up again, I try not to talk to him but sometimes the temptation is so much.... so far I have resisted his warm and tender arms and the way he makes me feel inside.
                            Sometimes I am just out and about and there he is watching me from the aisles in the supermarket or sitting outside the pub on the tables set out in the sun. How can I convince him it's really over?

Anyone any ideas?
                            I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                            I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

i have been trying to decide on a tattoo since i was 15, still waiting, im so indesicive, hey jas we sent of for emigration info weeks ago, guess where 2, oz, we would be accepted, if he decids to do it, tommorrow is another day, xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X