My past popped up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My past popped up...

One of the things I'm doing lately is a thorough mucking out of my house. I have donated dozens of large boxes to goodwill!! Anyway I was cleaning out my hutch where I store table linens and found a fifth of vodka I had stashed at some point. I don't remember (duh!) but it wasn't a usual hiding spot... I'm glad my first thought wasn't to take a swig! I'll admit I haven't poured it out, but at the first sign of temptation, I would.

My past popped up...

Go pour......NOW!!!!!!! Down the sink!

Hugs
    Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

My past popped up...

That's scary when old hiding places reveal themselves! I agree, down the drain it goes.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My past popped up...

Released, DON'T wait for that first sign of temptation, it will find you in a weakened state, do as Nancy has said and pour it down the sink now while you are feeling strong, we know what we are talking about...

Go on do it !!!

Love, Louise xx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

My past popped up...

Yeah, you're right, once the temptation hits there's no stoping the beast! It's gone now... thanks!!

Comment

My past popped up...

Released;155712 wrote: Yeah, you're right, once the temptation hits there's no stoping the beast! It's gone now... thanks!!
            Do pour it out, temptation is gone then

Oh, and BTW, what is a fifth ?

Released,
            you have VERY nice legs and thanks for letting Patrick go I was getting lonely
            here on bikini bottom. :H

Comment

My past popped up...

:H Sponge Bob is my daughter favorite! I'll have to tell her that Sponge Bob likes my legs! Now I'm always going to think of Patrick as Alcohol... I picked my name to RELEASE myself from the addiction so I let Alcohol (now know as Patrick) go! :H

I think a fifth is about 1 liter?

Comment

My past popped up...

typically we refer to a 750 ml as a fifth, kind of a slang term...
                (i used to be a manager of a liquor store... for some reason i barely remember those days....)
                Hugs,
                imatree

Comment

My past popped up...

There was me thinking you lots drinking fifths were like drinking a glass tumbler full or something ...not 750mls !!! I wondered why you were complaining I thought - that's not much ?

Nearly as bad as me then !!! LOL
                  I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                  I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

My past popped up...

Fifths do sound small. I used to drink my pints (375 ml) of vodka & for the longest time thought they were fifths because of the cute "name". Yup-I'm not good at math.
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

My past popped up...

Quick look online and found
                      "A fifth of liquor, by the way, is a fifth of a gallon (25.6 fluid ounces)."
                      Another site said "A fifth of liquor is enough to kill you."

I'll bet some of us have proven that one wrong. uch:
                      Hugs,
                      imatree

Comment

My past popped up...

oh yes! how s things wiv u ima , is bf going to go still,
                        :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

My past popped up...

I'm sure a lot of us have proven that theory wrong. Myself included in the good ole days. Rum was not a friend of mine.
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My past popped up...

Hi Released and :welcome: ,

I don't think I've seen a post from you before I'm sorry.

Well done for pouring it away, that was a good move.

And I must say that all this time I've been thinking a fifth was 375mls too, It never registered before that it was a "fifth" of something, so now it makes sense that it was a gallon.

Kitty
                            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                            Confucius

Comment

My past popped up...

Thank you, Kitty. I read alot of the posts but am a little shy (without my fifth! :H), I'm trying to go beyond my comfort zone and post more.

Comment

Working...
                              X