Black outs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black outs!

Jas I hear you with the phone thing. I used to actually cut the phone cord so I knew I wouldn't be able to make calls, I must have bought about 20 new cords from my local pound shop.

And the amount of times I would use the credit up on my mobile by phoning premium numbers, but even then I would manage to top up my phone using a credit card (which is long winded and tricky to do even when sober!)

Makes me shudder it really does, and then there's e-mailing! I would even mail myself my wireless card. Did that about 4 times till I think the Postman wised up to it and nicked it.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Comment

Black outs!

mojo...I'm happy to see you. how are you? where are you? I thought you were moving a few months back...sorry, I'm behind on things. Your story was scary. .38? that's pretty darn high I'm surprised they didn't just take you to the hospital at that level. I'm glad you are here and glad you made it thru that.
      I think blackouts are one of the most frightning things to experience. Sometimes it happens even when you haven't had all that much to drink - well, by our measurments anyway. I hated that feeling...like a horror movie - you keep waiting to find out what awful thing happened.

no more blackouts!
      Lisa

Comment

Black outs!

I think blackout is the worst thing about alcoholic drinking, if I could remember what I did
        I could convince myself I wasn't drunk.!!

Comment

Black outs!

Thanks all ,I am no longer in the dark about blackouts!!! Sorry about the pun ,hee,hee,hee!

Comment

Black outs!

Yep limers - perhaps there could be some kind of breathaliser you have to pass before being able to operate your phone or computer? Just to think of the embarrassment that would have saved me!!! Really liked the analogy in the definition of a blackout - it is weird that we can continue to hold (sometimes quite rationally appearing, apparently) conversations and not remember a single word the next day. Bloody dangerous too that we can also move around and do stuff.

Nope, don't ever want to go there again.

Comment

Black outs!

Im with you there Uda , never want to go down that road again either, its way too scarey!

Comment

Black outs!

What finally made me realize I had to do something about my drinking problem is when I drove home blacked out drunk one time. I promised myself I would never drive drunk again. Then, I turned around and did it again one month later (totally blacked out, don't remember driving, had to check for my car in the garage the next day). And, that's when I decided my willpower was not gonna be enough to fix my alcohol problem. I found MWO and made an appointment w/my doctor the same week. And, now I can say w/confidence that I am never driving drunk again.

Comment

Black outs!

Good for you girl .I must say ive looked for my keys ,purse ,keys in my morning after checks but never a car!!!!!Lets hope that never happens ! Onwords and upwords.......

Comment

Black outs!

Yes Limers, a passout is not a blackout. If you cannot remember stuff that happened the night before and you have to be reminded, you have had a blackout.
                    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Black outs!

I can completely relate

I know exactly how you all feel the morning after a blackout. It' hell. I would always go to my computer and check the numbers I dialed the night before. I had contemplated hiding the phone, but never actually did. My biggest fear was that I'd call a particular old boyfriend and say horrifying things (which I wouldn't remember any way).

I can also relate to the mysterious injuries. I had a scar on my butt that looks like a slash and have no idea whatsoever how I got it. I've also broken this spindly little table in my living room, not once but 3 times (I finally moved it to another location).

Well I just wanted to share my experiences and let others no they're not alone.

I'm glad I'm not.

Aud

Comment

Black outs!

I have black outs just about every night (mmmmm, could that be why I need to do this program??!! Duh!) At the time I often think I'm relatively sober and even congratulate myself on not being so p***ed but the next morning my kids or my husband or someone else tells me that I told them something and I realise, in horror, that it happened again.......
                        "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson :rays:

Comment

Black outs!

i will say two words phone calls !!!!!

Comment

Black outs!

the funny as in odd thing is that i must black out during the day while completely sober as there are long stretches of the day that i can't even remember what i did or how i got from one driving spot to the next. i do believe i put the little barbie mobile in autopilot and just go. but wow, can i relate to the sent file on the email. i so stopped drinking and texting or emailing. i still do from time to time. but after killing off a few relationships last year. painful i realized that wow, humiliation will just never take that away. ugh. thanks i think i just went to confession and have purged myself. yes, folks i sent really nasty grams to people who i didn't like and it was humilating as i didn't remember til the next day and i read them. and i don't know one person who is a normie that ever blacks out. sigh
                            :welcome:

Comment

Black outs!

I have only blacked out a few times, usually when I have been drinking hard liquor. I think it's really strange because I drink a lot of wine, roughly 20 ounces at least every day, this has been going on for about the last 9 years. It's actually gross to think that I have been consuming that much. Lately I barely get a much of a hangover. I think it's because I am at a pretty advanced stage with my dependence on alcohol.
                              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                              X