Anyone married to an ADD or ADHD man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been MIA for a while, but doing ok. I've lost count of my AF days but I think it's close to two months. I'm hoping someone here has some experience with coping with an ADD spouse? I could use some support...
    Thanks!
    d

Sorry ,no experience of that ,my other half is very ,very quiet .The total opposite of add, wonder what his condition is called! He can be too quiet for my liking sometimes but I more than make up for it.

Comment

My ex-husband was ADD, no H for sure. Then again, he was a pot head - so that might have accounted for a lot of the attention deficit problems. As a kid he was told he was ADD, and I still see it in him. It's not easy to live with... can't keep track of anything, very irresponsible with money, etc. What exactly are the problems you are having with him?
      Hugs,
      imatree

Comment

I do not have a spouse but a co-worker and it is very annoying...I feel for you!!! I can only imagine.

Comment

I have two sons that are ADD. It;s a mild case, but it can drive you crazy ! Meds are a must ! To boot my youngest has a friend who has ADD and when he comes over to play I have to clear out of the house. I have problems with depression and I might kill myself if I hang around for any lenght of time, ( only kidding !ha ! ) So What"s your Problem ? IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Di,

My ex-husband and daughter both have ADHD, but both are the inattentive type, neither is hyperactive. My ex has never been formally diagnosed, and he has only recently admitted it. Medication can be a lifesaver for both the person and their families. There has been a lot written about food allergies and stuff like that, but I never had the time or inclination to really look into it, as I barely had the time to get dinner on the table when she was young!

My daugher has been on Ritalin since 2nd grade, and switched to Concerta in middle school. Her grades went from adequate to straight "A's" when she went on Ritalin. Even more importantly, she became much more MOTIVATED when she realized what she could accomplish.

Of course, I don't know how your husband feels about all of this, but I hope he is willing to look more into the options for treatment, including counseling. It isn't easy having ADHD. It can be frustrating as hell, and it can really do a number on your self-esteem.

Good luck Di, and feel free to PM me if you want.

Hugs,

Kathy:l
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
            X