Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TODAY IS YESTERDAYS TOMMRROW

Hi all!
    Why do we put off our sobriety for another day ? Tommorow we will start anew. This will be the begining of a new life ! Yet we put that off too ! It's an endless circle sometimes. Why can"t we make a decision & stick with it ? Are we that weak ! Your thoughts.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Good question. I think it comes down to the path of least resistance. It can be hard work to change an ingrained habit and much easier to keep performing the behavior we have grown accustomed to. There are days I wake up so motivated, as I am sure many people do here, and after a full work day, etc., etc., I am tired and I want a glass of wine because it is much easier than putting on my walking shoes and going out for a walk to destress. That is why, at least for me, this journey has had to be a very concious, in the moment kind of thing, and not just mindlessly grab that glass of wine I have been so used to having for so many years at a certain time during the day. It takes a while to change the habit but every little step gets us closer!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Exactly Lushy! I really think its like smokers have told me, since I've never smoked, its more having something in their hand, its a habit, like a pacifer...lol...I think we pop that cork too after a long day, or a trigger that stresses us, and we go for the "pacifer", it'd be ok, if we just had an evening drink, like "normal" people, but I used to, and have since being on here, just didn't even realize that I'd gotten up, gone to the bathroom, poured another glass, or would be watching TV and the hubby had refilled it several times without me noticing....and suddenly, the bottle was gone....OR....I medicated with it, and made a decision, even somewhat subconsious, that I was going to overdo it....I got that way very gradually... I think we put if off, because bad habits are hard to break, and this is my first...never been "addicted" to anything, so its tough to know how to start, stay and stop!.... I think having a plan to break those times of day we used to start drinking, is real important, I'm trying hard to go to the gym at that time, or not be home right then, etc, etc...it really takes thought! It is a weakness I'm sure, but not one we can't CONQUER together...just sitting here typing and thinking about it, helps...and everyone on this site, adds soooo much to the project at hand! I'd never be able to do this without each and everyone here!!!! Thank God for MWO's gang!
      "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

i a d u always make me think a lot xx
        :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Yes - my recent slip was probably down to being generally tired due to real busy time just now - and more specifically tired of the constant effort of maintaining the defences against the "dark side" .
          It was just easier to give in....

Actually maintaining the awareness, and the effort of keeping occupied is hard work, and if I am tired because of other things like work / family stuff, it just makes it all the harder.

However, we live and learn, - I now know to try to avoid becoming too tired.

Satori
          xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

toughintexas;156333 wrote: .....OR....I medicated with it, and made a decision, even somewhat subconsious, that I was going to overdo it....!
            So familiar!

Yes ... I do that too - I get to a certain stage when "medicated" - after a certain amount of alcohol I "switch" from a kind of sub, or semi-concious "braking" mode (ie I am drinking but conscious that I dont want to go too far) to a "foot on the gas" mode where I sub(semi?)consciously seem to say "what the hell..... I have come this far - I might as well go the whole hog and get trashed"

Weird!

Satori
            xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Satori,
              I know ! Thier are different levels of soberity. One day you can take on the world ! The next your not worth the paper you wrapped your daily fish in ! We march on because it"s all we can do. IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey that was a profound title for a thread,

I ditto what everyone has said.
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                X