Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple things that have helped me

Hi Gang,

I think it was Judie who said her doctor thought that she drank mostly from boredom. That rang a bell, Jude. Of course, there are other factors, but I do know that at night when hub and I are watching TV, a lot of the time it's not compelling and a nice glass of wine smooths over the figidityness. That glass in my hand and the balm of white wine. Well, I discovered something else to calm the fidgets! Drumroll........

KNITTING!

That's right. And, guys, if it's good enough for Rosey Greer the football player, it's good enough for us all, at least to try.
    I find that I can have a glass or two of wine at dinner now and then when we settle in for the evening, I have my knitting that keeps my hands busy and relieves fidgets and cravings. It's satisfying to see the scarf grow long, I like the feel of the wool, and thinking about who I'm giving the scarf too. So far, it's only scarves since I am a beginner and all I can do is the basic knit stitch and don't want to complicate with counting and dropping and all that. Very simple. And I have stopped, so far, drinking wine in the evening.

The other trick, which is obvious, is I don't keep white wine in the house now, only red. White is what I crave and it goes down too easy. Red for me is sipping and a little is good for us.

I hope this lasts for me. I'll let you know.

Good luck all!

Ned

Ha Ha... Well Thanks for thinkin of me Ned, but... Not it!:happy Must of been somebody else!
    I'm glad you've found something that's working for ya though.:h

Besides my new addiction to this website... between working full time, kayaking just about every spare moment I have, woodburning(as a hobby & income), heading up the June Moderation Event, taking care of 3 dogs & 1 cat, plus 1 Hubby... Believe me ....I'm not bored!!:happy
    Gotta go! :d :Later!....Judie

Comment

Hmmmm, I'll have to rethink who said that and thank them, Judie. But seriously, with all you do, when do you have time to drink? For me it's the down time watching TV with hub and I get the fidgets. With wine in my hand I don't care what's on TV:b So I'll knit away, keeping that glass out of my hand!

BTW--this site has helped me tremendously even though I'm not taking the topa or supps. Thanks all!!!!!

Ned

Comment

i tried knitting, even took a 3 hr class. i had great hopes of it occupying my hands and i would be creative, productive, blah, blah, blah. but, i detested it. i am still disappointed that i hated it so much because i like people that knit- just can't join the club! but hey, can you make me a sweater, or @ least a scarf?

Comment

Hey Ned,

Love your advise to keep the hands busy, it's very therapeutic indeed.

Just for the record, and most people don't know this, but Rosey Greer the football player, with his big hands was into needlepoint. Apparently, he was so into needlepoint, that he published a book on needlepoint patterns, and designs. Amazing, huh?

Hugs,
          Miss Layla

Comment

Working...
          X