to all Sheffield-ers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to all Sheffield-ers!

to any fellow Sheffield-ers or even UK-ers...is everyone all right? the flooding here was terrible fourtunately i was fine and too high up to be affected
    http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/addicted to living again

to all Sheffield-ers!

Hi existence

Im fine thanks I ok because my house is pretty much on a hill the people are getting flooded further down though poor sods. And yet we still have more floods to come its that flooded by the river the swans and ducks are on the pavements. I feel for the old people that homes have flooded with no insurance and everything they have built up over the years has been damaged by the floods why? this is so traggic its supposed to be summer where everyone is happy life is so cruel sometimes

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

Hiya,
      I'm ok too but houses 6 miles away from me are totally flooded. They can't go home for about 6 mths! The water was 5ft deep. What a nightmare! I'm lucky enough to live on a hill also thank god!
      One man drowned after getting his foot caught in a drain. That was only 4 miles from me. Terrible.

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

So sorry to all affected!!

Take care and be safe!!

A friend from across the pond.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

Pisces posted as well earlier about the floods, wind and waves but she is in Australia.
          I had my new home flooded after moving in after only too weeks. Funny thing was I was on high ground, it's a long story.I lost a lot of personal stuff because we were still moving in
          and had everything stored in the basement .

It was a little stressfull at the time but in the bigger picture, it was really nothing but materalistic possessions that were lost. As long as you can walk away, life is good.

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

Glad you guys are OK!:l
            Do take care.

Robert you've been thru it haven't you? I admire your strength...:h
            Tuff way to learn perspective...
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

fourtunately i am in Jordanthorpe, top of the hill no flooding for me but my girlfriend's place did get water damaged cos of overflowing drains.

i am glad everyone is ok, and where about's are you Vegan?
              http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/addicted to living again

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

Kelli, darling stay safe.
                mar

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

[QUOTE=Saint Jude;156543]Glad you guys are OK!:l
                  Do take care.

Robert you've been thru it haven't you? I admire your strength...:h
                  Tuff way to learn perspective...:QUOTE]

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

Existence, i live in a tiny village in east yorkshire. Yorkshire was really battered with the floods. There's another weather warning for tomorrow aswell. Loads more rain is on the way :upset:

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

Just wanted to say hi,

I posted a thread about the wild weather here, a whole family disappeared, (mum, dad, 2 kids and a cousin) and found deceased when a road over a gully collapsed over here due too wild rain, found the car wedged a couple of miles downstream, and usually dry as, no water to be seen...

The weather here is a worry big time too, so please don't think us here in Oz are having the usual sunshine, it's been dark, windy as and hard rain, I empathise, I too live on a hill, but lot's aren't feeling so lucky...

Just wonder what's up with this, is it just nature or something more, has us a bit on edge here... You might get our news there too???

Love to all, Jas xxx
                      :thanks: :h

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

Sorry to hear about all the bad weather. We finally had some rain in the South. I have been watching about the car bombs in London. This world is crazy!

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

Hi everyone up north,

I am technically not a Londoner I was born and brought up in the Potteries and there I would be if not for my previous job.
                          Don't make me feel homesick even though I'm not far really it's like a different country down here !!!!!! LOL
                          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

so sorry this sounds terrible. I think global warming is really affecting the weather in a bad way. scary.............
                            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

to all Sheffield-ers!

Don't scare me !!!!!!!!!!????????????? :upset: :egad: :nutso:
                              I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                              I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                              X