pullin my head out my ass!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u cant b the scapegoat cos i am, !!!! u ok jas , an my middle name is TROUBLE !
    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Yep mate, I'm ok...

Just trying to share what I've learned, and can tell you understand...

You're a great girl, woman, and have alot to give the rest of us, especially me, not trying to be a smartass, but everyting you say I get, and feel like I know where you're coming from, and I know you haven't 'got your head up your ass' otherwise you wouldn't be here, like me, trying to sort shit out and get better.

Keep it up, I know and feel in 12 months time you will have alot of great advice to newbies starting out on the journey, and hope I will get to be a senior member, lol, visualising, manisfesting....

Your doing something wonderful, and I think old Mate upstairs can see it and will help you too,

Love you heaps and muchly ! xxxxxxxx
      :thanks: :h

Comment

Well, here's my two cents....

Just want to pop in here...for me, unless someone attacks my integrity there is almost nothing I find offensive! The wonder of this site is that for all our many, many differences we all share this desire to change our destructive relationship with alcohol....that said, it's worth repeating that we really ARE very different--different outlooks, cultures, beliefs, ages, options, life circumstances, etc....so what works for one person will not necessarily work for someone else--that's why this is called MWO-->MY way out!

I know what you mean, Jas, about our "roles" in our families--I won't bother to add dysfunctional--because a truly "functional" family is a rare thing indeed...yes, we DO have roles and they enable the family dynamic to continue in whatever way that may be for that family...the key thing, I think though, is our refusal to STAY in those roles--and I believe that this is a huge component of growing up and transforming our lives, that we no longer accept the role we have been assigned....not easy, I know--good for you, Jas, to refuse to accept that role any longer, either in your family or anywhere else.....

And, you're probably right, we DO have our roles here...but that doesn't NEED to be a bad thing...the fact that we all have different strengths and different needs should, in the best scenario, mean that we can truly help each other...

In some ways, I see this site as an experiment in human relationships--this whole cyber-network thing is so relatively new and we almost don't know how it works yet...I mean, really, what IS our relationship to each other? What does it mean to care about people we have no actual contact with? I am not saying it isn't meaningful, I'm just posing questions that I think require some thought...honestly, I am fascinated by the way we all relate to each other here--and, more often than not, I am truly moved by other people's stories and struggles....

I am glad to be a part of this...and, even though I have been AF for a length of time, I am more than willing to read drunken posts and try to offer a cyber hug or a word of encouragement....the only real requirement I think (and a hat-toss to AA), the only requirement should be a desire to change our lives in relation to alcohol.... How this is accomplished will continue to be a very personal and individual thing....

We can cheer each other on, offer advice, suggestions, share our own path but, ultimately, each of us has to make our own decisions about our lives....and sometimes the decisions others make will break our hearts and sometimes those decisions will make us gasp with admiration--just like in "real" life...

But mostly, we're all here just struggling along...and I applaud everyone who has the courage to post--wherever they may be on the journey!

:l :l
        "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Not to make "light" of this situation...
          But it does remind me a LOT, of when I was in re-hab... I got in trouble for having too much of a "sense of humor"

Believe me... that place NEEDED it!

Everybody has their own ways of dealing with "stuff"...

Sujul, you're so eloquent. And I'm not kidding.:thanks: Very nicely said.
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
          X