Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Happy TV??

Hi all,

I'm not talking about the UK hidden camera show, but does anyone else find that TV programmes can trigger cravings??

I'm trying really hard to go af at the moment and I do, or did all my drinking at home (it got too risky to leave the house) usually alone when I know I won't be disturbed, or disturb anyone. Anyway I have certain programmes that I have always watched whilst blotto and now if they come on, even if I hear the theme tune, I want a drink. It's almost like a Pavlov's dog reaction. I am actually having to change channels, it's quite weird.

There is a thread about blackouts at the moment and I have watched so many things over and over because I don't remember ever watching them. Their theme music seems to stick to memeory though. I watched practically 4 seasons of Buffy drunk, at least 3 times over and I don't think I could ever watch another episode.

I hope someone knows what I mean. I just find that at the moment I'm being constantly bombarded with triggers, I won't even start about the number of ads on the TV trying to flog alcohol, I really think they should be banned, but I suppose that's unlikely to ever happen.

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Trigger Happy TV??

Kitty,
    I know what you mean, Every time I hear the Oscar Meyer Weiner song I want a beer !
    Iad ! Sorry:H
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Trigger Happy TV??

LOL Iad,

Had to google that and found it on YouTube, you must have been hearing that for years!!!

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

Working...
      X