Canker Sores and booze???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been drinking more juice than usual, usually seriously diluted by seltzer water, cranberry juice, orange juice, white grape juice. Don't usually drink it straight but on occasion I do. I have been a little vigorous with the teeth brushing lately too which is a sign. I have been a bad bad canker sore girl.
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

A VERY VERY bad canker sore girl!!

:l :l :l
      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Sujul I love your avatar!!

Mine is my dream man in case no one knows. Yes I am married but I am not dead.

He's (my dream man) at Wimbledon right now playing tennis and kicking ass without me (not that he knows I am alive :upset: ).
        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Happy have you ever noticed the resemblance between your hubby and Roger? Or is it just me?
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I used to get them all the time, and now my youngest daughter gets them, the poor thing. She gets them when she's been stressed or is getting sick with something else. WE treat her with bonjela (a numbing baby teething gel) and that seems to work better than anything else.

This is from Wikipedia (my bible!)

The exact cause of aphthous ulcers is unknown. Factors that provoke them include stress, fatigue, illness, injury from accidental biting, hormonal changes, menstruation, sudden weight loss, food allergies, the foaming agent in toothpaste (SLS), and deficiencies in vitamin B12, iron, and folic acid.[3] Some drugs, such as nicorandil, also have been linked with mouth ulcers. In some cases they are thought to be caused by an overreaction by the body's own immune system.

Would you like nursy to come over and fix you up???
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Geeez Flip ... you remind me of ... oh, what was her name? ..... something like Nurse Ratshit ... or something like that ..... just can't quite remember ....

Comment

RAtshit???? you called me RATSHIT????

Comment

NOOOO, NOOO, NOOOO

I'm just not good at ssppellingg. Maybe i meant Rachett .... or something equally foreign-sounding ... Rachet maybe with a grave or an acute or an aussie accent .... I just don't bloody know, Flip ....

Comment

Hi,
                    I only just saw your posting - my husband gets them a lot from not eating regularly, stress and tiredness, he doesn't drink at all (maybe once/twice a year).

Mouth ulcers - in UK - like a white round patch /blister that has burst and he can't eat/drink talk etc he uses 'Bonjela' a gel for babies teething or mouth ulcers it has lignocaine type anaesthetic in it, then he just rides it out till it goes.

I never have them - actually maybe 5 times in 40 years !!! Not in last 5 years though.

Hope this is some help and they go away soon,
                    Diamond x
                    I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                    I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Happy, Greg gets them all the time. Stress related. I get cold sores everytime I have an upset stomach. Today my lips are swollen and I look more like a duck than lucky ever will. I think it's due to the new antibiotic I'm taking. Let's be positive you can't drink with thoses sore in your mouth. Ouch! Right? Not the easiest way to have a A/F day but it's a day. Hope you feel better
                      Smiles
                      Duck lips Mar

Comment

Was Nurse Rachett that meanie from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? Tawny you are mean!

Flip yes please come help me.

Lush, the resemblance between my hubby and Roger is un- anything. Nada, zilch. My shrink says you develop crushes on people because they are NOTHING like who you are with. Otherwise it would be kinda boring!

Mar the red wine helped a bit actually! Now I have folic acid, milk of magnesia to gargle with, peroxide, tea bags, acidophilis (sic), B12, zinc lozenges, and I am doubling my Klonopin today to chill me out. I am gonna look and see if I still have some baby Orajel in the house. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Thanks everybody. I was feeling extremely sexually frustrated, but not now. Lets keep this thread alive, and I won't be worrying about sex so much anymore. You guys are here for EVERYTHING. I love this place.
                          where does this go?

Comment

Sounds like a very tough day . Im sorry you have all this to deal with ,tomorrow will hopefully be a better day.

Comment

Morrison - as a nurse I can help you with your problems.......now, just lie back and relax....this won't hurt a bit

Comment

Morrison that was really funny.

Allie- if it doesn't hurt it is not a canker sore. Canker sores kill. Seriously they hurt really badly.

Comment

Working...
                                X