Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My week

Wow this is hard

I've had quite the hard week. or so it would seem. I was in training all week and spent every lunch hour at a pub near training having lunch. I thought after this long of being on my own and "better' I would be ok. Well, easier said than done......
    Marcie

My week

Marcie Marcie, you have done soooo great with your treatments and your sobriety. We are all so proud of you.

I know the temptation must be huge but I bet it isn't that big and i know you miss it but you really need to say goodbye to it for your health. Have some ramen noodles hon.

You are a tough one, you fought off a disease and WON! You won't mess that up. Don't get the smoker mentality- the "well if i just have one I'll be fine", because you know it is BS! Just don't do it it's not worth the gamble. We all love you here sweetie and so glad you are better! :h
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

My week

HI Mem, sorry you had a hard week but remember it is now over..... easier said that done I know. Wishing you a fabby next week!!

L
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

My week

Hey Marcie Girl! Great to see ya!
        Sorry you've had a tuff week. But I'm glad you're here.:l
        How're the puppy dogs?

Tonight was my "Monday"...it's gonna be a long week.. I might end up biting someone by the end of weekend!
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

My week

Hey Marcie--
          Good to see you again! Yeah, I know what you mean about the thinking it's over...it has been really hot here in NYC and I kept getting flashes of how great it would taste to have a cold glass of wine or a beer....then I would FORCE myself to also flash on how I felt AFTER having that wine and the millions that would follow--and the longing or craving or maybe it's nostalgia, was over! Funny how we have such selective memories, isn't it?

Sorry you've had a difficult week--maybe "challenging" is a good word....it's been a challenging week--and you made it through!

:l :l
          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

My week

Do I want a Drink?

I don't honestly remember the last time I really wanted a drink BUT I do remember my response to the craving.

I remembered the withdrawls, the ride in the ambulance.....the morning guilt, black outs, etc.

I remembered that the "rush" from the first 5 or 6 drinks was short lived and it was all down hill from there. I remembered that nothing, no problem nor situiation was ever, ever solved from having a drink.

I reminded myself how wonderful life was with out alcohol, and how far I've come.

I reminded myself that I cannot just have one drink. And, for me, there is no flipping point in having one, two or even three. I won't feel a thing until five.

One drink will turn me into a raving lunatic. I like myself better this way.

Blessings to you memarcie, stay away from pubs. They are not good for us.

Congratulations on your clean and sober life. Grand isn't it!!!

magic xx
            ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
            I am in the next seat.
            My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

My week

Hi Magic..a very thought provoking post and well done on your journey into sobriety.

hi Memarcie..dont get too fed up..jump back on where you left of pre this last week.All is not lost as you recognised it was not the way you want to live.

good luck with a better week

regards Cassy

Comment

My week

Marcie:

I was thinking about you recently. I didn't transfer over alot of old numbers when I got my cell phone changed. I will e-mail my home and cell numbers to you.

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time.

Hang in there, I am here if you need to talk....

Hugs

Brandy

It is hard, today is day 22 of complete abs for me. I know I can do it, but it's hard, and problems with my classes this semster are adding to the strain of remaining abs.

Comment

My week

I was at the pub eating lunch and drinking 2 beers each day, it wasn't so bad until last night. Training was done and I went out when I got home and over did it. I've been feeling pretty crappy most of the day. I never used to get hangovers since I drank so much every day, not now though, gosh I don't remember the last time I was that sick! :eeew:

Brandy - Congrats on 22 days!

Judie - My dog Casey is doing great! Unfortunately one of my kitties died a couple weeks ago. It was very sad, but I know he's much happier now in pet heaven. I hope your puppies are doing good!

Patty - I've went through so much in the past year and I do have times I miss drinking, but you're right the temptation isn't that bad unless I put myself in those situations.

Magic - great comments. It all starts with one drink and I put myself in a bad situation going out to my old hangout and drinking way too much like I used to in the past. I'm fine if I have a drink over dinner with hubby, but going out by myself to the bar just gets me into trouble and I don't want to be that person again.

Thanks Tea and Casey - Here's to a much better week than last week!

Susan - isn't it funny how we only focus on the good we feel from alcohol and not all the bad things that follow.

Thanks and nice to hear from everyone!
                  Marcie

Comment

Working...
                  X