Blue Moon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Moon!

Hey there's a BEAUTIFUL BLUE MOON out over the river right now! Haven't seen one of those in a LOONNNGG TIME!
    It was a really pretty drive home from work tonight with the moon coming up over the mountains reflecting off of the river.

:H I howled @ it from my truck! It's so big ...it almost looks close enough it may have heard me!
    There were 2 full moons this month. One on the 1st & one tonight. Pretty rare!
    Anyone ever heard that Nancy Griffith song.. "Just once in a blue moon"
    Haven't heard that in .. well a blue moon! I saw her perform that song during a blue moon in Telluride!
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Blue Moon!

Wow! I can't remember if I've ever even SEEN a blue moon....I think I thought was just a saying like....when hell freezes over, pigs fly, etc....

And isn't it great that you can actually see it--and howl!--rather than missing it in a fog of alcohol!
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Blue Moon!

I swear Jude, since I am AF i find that the world is much more beautiful than I remember. I get so excited seeing the moon on the lakes, sunsets, sunrises, crisp breezes, rain smells. I think it is a way to know how great life is. Sometimes I get so excited people think I am drinking again, but it is just happiness. What a novel concept.

ber
      What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
      ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Blue Moon!

Went on a monthly full moon motorcycle ride last night and watched the sun go down and the moon come up. Scarlet sunset from the Tahoe forest fire. The moon rose with a lit halo. An owl passed over on a mountain turn. Spotted a skunk and watched for awhile until it ran with it's tail in the air. *sigh*
        Dx
        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Blue Moon!

Yes, we went to fireworks last night & the moon was beautiful!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Blue Moon!

Did Bungee howl also??? I would have loved to hear that chorus!
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Blue Moon!

Of course you've seen a blue moon, Sujul. You just didn't know it was a blue moon at the time, love! They're a wonderful sight to behold.

Unfortunately, we had a fair amount of high clouds where I live last night, so I didn't get to see it!:upset: I'll have to live vicariously through all of you for the time being until another one rolls around.
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Blue Moon!

Kathy, I HAVE seen a full moon??? I'm SURE I would remember, wouldn't I?? On the other hand, maybe not! I do vaguely recall seeing the Aurora Borealis in Copenhagen--but I was so out of it that I really had no idea what I was looking at....sad, very sad....

Do these blue moons come around on any set schedule--or is it totally random?
                "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Blue Moon!

I think they occur about every 2 1/2 yrs. Whenever there's 2 full moons w/in 1 month

Mags- Bungee was @ home when I was doing my howling,(I was in my truck on my way home from work..) He does have quite a set of lungs on him for a little guy though!LOL!
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                  X