Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Still Hoping...

Hi all,

I'm a lost soul again it seems, my parents went home, and gave me a bit of maniplulation to think about. I really don't want to think about it...

Prob what started me again was being in the book shop, I picked up a book called 'Daddy's Girl', I read the back to see it's a true story about a girl called Lisa, who's mum didn't love her enough to believe her, and a 'dad' that loved her 'too' much

It kind of kicked me in the guts, and just after a week of having them in my space,

At my age I know how I feel, its my responsibility to get over it, and I try hard to leave the shit behind me, go to the gym, work, walk my dogs, scuba, reading, etc etc.

Will I ever get over it?, I so hope so, but at 41, I'm wondering if the pain will ever go away, or will I feel better when he dies?

Don't mean to feel hopeless, maybe just the 'Blue Moon'

Love you, Jas xxx
    :thanks: :h

I'm Still Hoping...

Hiya, sending you hugs Jas, yes our pasts are the banes of our present eh. I know this sounds banal but have you tried writing it all down, as if you were writing a book yourself? Not for anyone else's eyes but your own of course, I have done this about stuff and found it really helped, doesn't get rid of it but nothing can erase the past. Someone said previously that 'you don't have to keep the hand you are dealt' I liked that one. Thinking of you.

Lorna
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I'm Still Hoping...

Jas, I have had serious problems getting over my past and the only way I was able to deal with it was write it all down to a counseller. It is amazing how much I realised just by writing down. Then the past is the past and the it is left right there. Maybe you could try that? Bellaxxx

Comment

I'm Still Hoping...

Thanx,

And yes, I do have a book in me, but want it to be funny too, have to try and laugh, really, I have to... even has a working title, 'Bricks and Dogs Bones"

But in between the crap, I'm trying to laugh, but I worry about the girls who are going through it now, not funny.

The worst bit, I try to be cool, funny and sexy, but sexy freaks me out, then it gets less funny, then I'm really uncool,

Won't give up trying though...

Love Jas xxx
        :thanks: :h

Comment

I'm Still Hoping...

My heart goes out to you jas.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

I'm Still Hoping...

I too struggle with my past and my parents...it is hard to let go of what molds us as people...you know you can try to let go of some of it here...I know for me some of those issues are what drives me to drink...I try to work on that too cause I know it will cause me to slip up.....Good luck to you and I am here if you need an ear...buckle

Comment

Working...
            X