Miracle food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miracle food!

Yeah, another Quinoa convert!!!! Well done Want!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Miracle food!

Welcome to the Q Club Want!

Comment

Miracle food!

Thankyou so much for my welcome to the Q Club

I had what was left from yesterday with salad for lunch today, yumyumyum.
        Gonna try it with banana and soya milk for breaky tomorrow .

You've all well and truly sold it to me!!!!!!! :thanks:
        AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
        There's fire in your eyes,
        Bite me, excite me,
        I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
        Brings eternal flame.
        Open me to heaven,
        To heal me again.

Comment

Miracle food!

Got my 6.5# of quinoa from amazon.com yesterday!! Now I can try out all those recipes!! Look out family! I still have it with banana, soymilk, honey and cinnamon every morning--mmmmm good!!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Miracle food!

Thanks Greeneyes for link to all those recipes.Printed out 5.
            Allrecipes - Recipe Search

Have just been toasting it and mixing a little in with my garlic hummus.

Comment

Miracle food!

Where is MOW- Chief QQ (Quinoa Queen) ?

I day without quinoa is like a day without air. It really is something I must have. It makes me mellow and calm. Had it in my miso soup today with broccoli for breakfast.

Comment

Miracle food!

I'm here Lucky. Been away busy being deathly ill. While sick I was too weak to even get up and make myself some quinoa - pitiful, eh?
                I love the hummus idea! I just made some roasted red pepper hummus yesterday - I'll try that. Maybe both on a bed of organic greens...
                I'm still trying to clear my lungs up - I'll have to use lots of garlic in my quinoa today.

Lucky, quinoa with veggies is THE breakfast of champions!! I don't know how people eat bagels and muffins and crap for breakfast.
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Miracle food!

So, Ive been following this thread for a bit and have been a lover of quinoa for a while, but never thought of it for breakfast....so last week I cooked some up in my rice cooker, saut?ed some spinach and YUM!
                  Since my rice cooker will keep food warm for three days, I was able to eat it 3/5 mornings last week. It was wonderful, thank you for the insight. Has anyone added this to the recipe thread yet?

Comment

Miracle food!

O.K. I am a male and single so here goes.....I cooked some quiona in the microwave and it turned out perfect. Just the grain and water, one part Q 2 parts water, and nuked it for 20 minutes. It was fluffy and not scorched on the bottom. :wow3:

Comment

Miracle food!

Q is the food stable in PERU along with ginnea pig and alpaca
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Miracle food!

eeewwww - if I lived in Peru I'd surely be a vegetarian!!
                        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Miracle food!

wantrealmeaning;323474 wrote: Tried it, loved it, sticking with it.............

I'm gonna make it my new staple food. It's so versatile, I'll be trying out all the different ways to eat it, breakfast, lunch, dinner etc.

I need to find a cheaper source though. Does anybody in England know if any of our supermarkets stock it?

Thanks again Quinoa Queens
                          Hi Want
                          My local waitrose has it, including quinoa fairtrade organic quinoa pops!
                          It's in the health food shops locally as well-not that expensive, about 500 gr of organic quinoa flakes for around ?2.

Soo glad MOW has bumped up this thread, a timely reminder for me too.

Happy Quinoa-ing

Anna:h
                          IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                          Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Miracle food!

Hi all,
                            I hve never seen it here locally, is it a grain like rice? I'd love to know
                            Jessie
                            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Miracle food!

Yes, thanks for bumping...... Waitrose?!? Lucky thing, Anna! LOVE them - nowt here, coming in about 2030!!

I must go and 'do' my box of..... Florida Boy, thanks for the measurements...that sounds an easy way; I am too good at sticking things like rice to the bottom of pans. I do my rice in the micro too, daughter can so it in saucepan but it stickes to the bottom of the dish in the micro when she does it......isn't life weird!!

BTW tho.....is Q a bit like rice in that it can give a good dose of food-poisoning if left for more than a few days, especially warm.....??!? I think that's the bit that's put me off! Reassurance please?!

Love FMS xx
                              :heart: c: :heart:
                              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Miracle food!

Flyin, I have a rice cooker but I'm not real cozy with it quite yet. You leave on "keep warm" or what? What was your ratio?
                                sigpic
                                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                                X