Lecithin for liver and nerve health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lecithin also known as Phosphatidylcholine is a much overlooked yet critical nutrient especially for those of us who have abused our nerves and livers.

many vegetarians and especially vegans are critically low in lecithin and their livers suffer as a result of this.
    Those who do, or did consume even moderate ammounts of alcohol will also have a condition known as 'fatty liver' which left untreated is fatal. Good news? if you stop drinking, then take 1 to 4 grams of lecithin per day the condition has been shown in trials to completely vanish in 6 weeks (verified by CAT scan).

Lecithin also helps our heart in a number of ways, including preserving our carnitine levels, as well as by lowering LDL and raising HDL levels.

further help for both heart and liver comes from the fact that lecithin assists in emulsifying fats and keeping cholesterol and triglycerides fluid.

lecithin has been found to ease nerve conditions such as trembling and seizures caused by some anti-schizophrenic medicines.

Lecithin is found in diet only in eggs, organ meats, dandelion greens, nuts, seeds and soybeans. If you need the therapeutic effects of lecithin you will definitely benefit from supplements. Lecithin granules are good, but the handiest is the capsules of the liquid form. Be sure to take C and calcium as they work with Lecithin in the metabolism of nitrosamines that are released during the metabolism of fats.

personally I take 800mg twice per day.

paraphrased from: "Dr Atkins Vita-nutrient solution"/Natures answers to drugs. by Robert C. Atkins, M.D.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

I have a bottle of PC that I have not been consistent with taking. Thanks for the info.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Dandelion is mixed in with my milk thistle capsules. My poor, poor liver. I think I am going to have it write me a letter asking me to be nicer to it because it works so hard for me.

Comment

LOL, I think we all should Lucky. XXX
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I got some dandelion greens at the grocery store today -- will work them into a menu later in the week. Best to avoid the dandelion wine for now, though, eh?

Comment

eeeeew CS....? never heard of such a thing. sounds barfo. Not the greens, those sound good.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Haven't had any in a while but is not uncommon in Ohio.

Comment

Not that I was trying for a lecithin breakfast, but I made omelets this morning out of the the lefover dandelelion greens, with some feta cheese ... mmmm! So I got my double whammy I guess; a good thing on a holiday weekend.

thanks again for the the tips, det!

Comment

eggs + dandelions = happy liver. I even had a giant handful of almonds today (we eat nuts like, well, nuts! around here!) ALways good --
                  CS

Comment

Edgar Cayce said Almonds keep Cancer away.It is a great snack any way.
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

amazing

My body has been craving almonds(just bought some) and eggs!

i am in the right place and no matter what amount of days it takes I will re surface.

Take good care and Determinor you are making a difference here there and everywhere!

Karen
                      :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

thanks Deter

just started taking leicithin, which is also supposed to help in the breakdown of fats

Anna
                        IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                        Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Working...
                        X