Advise from Beatle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise from Beatle

Hello, I tried to send a private message but it said your messages were full. Maybe others would like this. I'm sure you've answered it before but was unable to find it.

Hi beatle, KAT here, I have read many of your posts regarding meds and supps. I am looking for anti agitation/antidepressant supplement or herbal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advise from Beatle

Oh Sorry about that with the PMs. I'm not so good about cleaning them out.

Yes, this issue has been addressed previously, but no problem...

Overall, lithium orotate is a good mood stabilizer. I take it at night. It is also relaxing but can be taken in the daytime too. It starts working right away. For immediate relief of anxiety, there is a lithium orotate nosespray.

Many people are helped by SAM-e. However, this takes some weeks to take effect and it cannot be used by people with bipolar disorder (like me). It cannot be taken together with antidepressants either.

Also, many people like L-tryptophan/5-HTP. I'm just starting to experiment with this. I think it has helped many people.

Valerian -- a great sleeping pill. It is natural, not addictive. Take a lot (at least 300mg for me) a couple hours before bedtime if you want to sleep well-- it does not give you a hangover effect. Ah but you will sleep well. You can also take this in the day, though it might make you sleepy-

For the daytime, I have liked "True Calm" from MWO plus GABA (750mg), but you can make your own formula. Taurine is also calming. I sort of mix and match with these.

I don't use any "drugs" any more. They never did me any good. I love lithium orotate, though, and I also take melatonin every night (3-6 mg).

Hope this helps.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Advise from Beatle

Thank you so very much, Where to I get lithium orotate ?

Comment

Advise from Beatle

I order mine from Bio-recovery (website). It is good and inexpensive.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Advise from Beatle

Holistic Health Practitioner, Clinic, Mental Health Care Facilities, Recovery

Comment

Advise from Beatle

Thanks for the link Beatle!
            I am so confused.. I can't buy L-Tryptophan in this country so I have realised I need to get my supps offshore. I think it is a crime that these things are not available here!

Comment

Advise from Beatle

Hey Fickle
              according to a drug website I looked up
              it states that 5-htp and tryptophan can
              be bought over the counter in Queensland
              I dont know where you are, I'm west oz.
              Its also widely available in New zealand
              - Postage maybe cheaper than ordering
              from the States. Hope this helps.Pan

Comment

Advise from Beatle

Thanks Pan!
                I just asked this question in another thread! I'll quote you there.

Comment

Advise from Beatle

Question

Can one take lithium orotate if one is taking an antidepressant, like lexapro?

Comment

Advise from Beatle

I think you need to check with a doctor about that.

Comment

Working...
                    X