Advanced visualization exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, this is kink of 'out there' so hang on....

in the MWO hypno which I listen to nightly there are a series of visualizations to bring you into a hypnotic state. They have to do with walking down stairs, laying in a hammock etc.
    during the year+ that I've been using this tool my mind wonders and I've found an interesting challenge:
    try to disassociate yourself from your human form in the visualization. it's not easy! I've tried to "be" a sphere for example. no arms or legs or head. just a spherical being of consciousness. you don't walk down stairs, you gently roll down them. You don't see out of your eyes since you don't have eyes, you just are conscious in all directions at once. it can be a pretty deep exercise and requires the right state of mind.

ok, am I ready for a straightjacket yet?
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Sounds like fun det. I haven't listened to the hypnosis cd for awhile. It seemed like unconsciously pictured myself in a "ball gown" or as an angel.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I like that Det. I do the Hypno CDs and still picture myself whole. I will try this tonight; it sounds like a great way to get deaper into it. Thanks for your insight. Kriger
      No, you are not ready for a straightjacket!
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Yes, yes he is Kriger...and he would look damn cute in it too LOL
        Just kidding D, I will try it the next time I get on the escalator I would mind descending.

LVT, I picture myself in a pretty white dress. And I soooo love the beach.
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Very nice......
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Here's whre I am with this now...it's been changing for me. As I descend I've been finding myself starting out on the stairs as myself. They are absolutely beautiful stairs, wide, gorgeous. They start narrow and curve out as if in a movie. I am just me. When I get to the bottom and go toward the esculator, it is wooden, one I've never seen before and I've taken off my shoes, my hair is down and I feel so much freer. The esculator is carpeted. There are other people going up the UP esculator, across from me, and I smile at them and wave, laughing. When I get to the bottom I can't believe the elevator. It's all glass. Sometimes I decide to take off all of my clothes and sometimes I don't. It's circular and there are velvet wooden seats all around. I get in and it goes down so fast, it's almost like a ride of some sort. I feel so free. I'm so happy to get away. I laugh. Going ahead a bit...when I watch myself on the hammock, I am floating so high above, I love to fly and I look so small in the hammock. I don't know. I love it though. I fall asleep a lot during this and don't reach it to the end anymore which bums me out.
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I love this, I had often wondered how others felt about the cd's. I have to admit, I liked them at first and then kind of got out of the routine. The man's voice put me off a little. I have since started them again and have tried really hard to completely "get into it".
              It's very interesting to hear about how others interpret their time in the elevator or on the hammock ect. I guess it might be kind of personal too but if anyone else want to share.

Nice thread Det

Comment

I love that Det! Dissasociate from the human form. love it!!! Has it helped you?
                "Everything you try to avoid about yourself
                will keep playing out insidiously in your life.
                This creates the perfect opportunity for you to embrace,
                love and heal this part of self."

Comment

Hammock???? I don't think I've ever made it to the hammock??? :H

Comment

LOL

Comment

Determinator;425419 wrote: I've tried to "be" a sphere for example.
                      I don't like the tapes but I like the "being a ball" idea
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

We can always depend on Det to come up with a new angle. I'm ready for tonight's "exercise".
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                        X