Experience of flaxseed oil capsules.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever taken these? Have started taking really good care of myself and want to take these as I`ve read that they are great for hair,skin and nails. However, I`ve also read that they can cause weightloss........do they??

I`m delighted with the 42 lbs weightloss I`ve notched up since I quit drinking, BUT!!! I cannot afford to lose any more.........nothing attractive about being skeletal!!! :H

So.........anyone know from experience?

Thanks,
    Darling x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Nope.

But did want to say "hi."

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Yes flaxseed and flaxseed oil is good for you. Fat, but the good fat. I grind whole seeds in an old coffee grinder (don't do caffeine any more) and add it to my smoothies or spriinkle on salads, etc.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

flaxseed is a good vegetarian source of omega 3's but goes rancid quite quickly. if possible I'd buy the inexpensive flax seeds in bulk and then grind them immediately prior to enjoying in a smoothie or sprinkled on cereal.
        not sure about weight loss.
        hey Greenie, I just looked up and realize I'm basically duplicating your post! great minds think alike
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I eat ground flaxseed on my oatmeal most mornings. The Omega 3's are good for heart health. I have not lost weight since I began eating this 2-3 years ago. I also have not lost weight since I stopped drinking (3 mos.) and drank moderately (5 mos.). This is in spite of frequent vigorous exercise.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Det, I refrigerate my seeds too and do only grind what I need at the moment. When I buy bulk organic grains, etc. I freeze them for 24 hours to kill the little bugs then store in screw top jars.
            sigpic

Comment

Is anyone out there that can chat?

Comment

please, anyone?

Comment

Thanks guys.........am going to give the capsules a whirl........picked them up today........says to take 1 x 1000 mg once a day. You are all talking about grinding the actual seeds.......are the seeds better than the capsules??? I thought the capsules were a good idea as they have long shelf-life, unlike the seeds

PLUS!!!!........grinding things takes time :H, but, if the seeds are best, I will progress to those, so..........anyone??

Darling x

Comment

Star, it's my understanding that the fresh ground seeds are better as they are not "processed" like the capsule form. You can even go so far as to get organic seeds and I just grind a couple tablespoons. If you eat it daily, the shelf life won't be an issue.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks greenie......will use up the capsules first, then I`ll go onto the seeds.

Darling x

Comment

The seeds taste great ground up on top of salads (with tahini dressing). They have a lovely nuttiness. And they are full of calories, Darling. Something I need, as well... Avocado has a lot of those good oils (and calories) too.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                        X