Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes Cartilage disappear?

Hi guys,

Anyone know why it disappears? I've none in my hip joint due to malformed socket bone. I take all the supps that I know of like glucosomine condroitin.

Sure would love to hear from anyone else with experience/advice in regenerating cartilage?

:thanks:

I believe it generally wears away, so most have problems as they grow older. Your age when this begins depends on genetics, and many other health issues. Cartilage needs good bone to support it, and if you have damaged either the cartiledge or underlying bone at any age, you will be prone to arthritis. New bone growth occurs with weight-bearing exercise, walking is ideal. Alcohol is very hard on bone. A condition called osteonecrosis is fairly common in severe alcoholics. Gleucocosamine and chondroitin help slow down the cartilage loss, but I believe there is little research supporting actual re-generation of cartiledge, especially if there was none originally. I'm answering the question you asked, but it sounds like you were not born with much cartilage to begin with.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks Sunbeam,
      I think it's been a combination of childbearing, booze & too much exercise alltogether.
      Thanks anyways

Comment

Working...
      X