L- Glutamine BEAT THOSE CRAVINGS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[B]I have read a few times from other members here that L-Glutamine takes away the cravings, well it works. I tried it for the first time today along with all my other supplements, and I am impressed, I highly recommend it.[B]
    "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Do you take it in the morning or later?

Comment

I took it during my craving time in the evening, kicked in within 20 minutes. 1000 MG, I heard powder form is quicker, I bought the capsules.

Comment

i have been taking it for a week and i don't know if it's placebo effect or what, but i've been doing better than i ever have as far as cravings go. i even feel a certain sense of calm twithout feeling drugged. i take it around 2-3 pm...right before a normal craving/caving time.

its the supplement i'm taking for cravings, no pharmaceuticals (multi vit, milk thistle and spirulina as well, just for health)

Comment

I have been taking it for about 6 months, i stopped just before christmas and my cravings returned..I am now back on it and alls well...I take 2000mg (2capsules) first thing in the morning and then about 5pm.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks for this.
            My doctor refused to give me antebuse yesterday, so I am off to try to find some L-Glutimine.

Comment

Veritas, Kudzu really helps me too...
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Veritas, you should have no trouble finding it at any health food store.

Comment

Does L-Glut (God forbid) cause weight gain? I think I read that somewhere at MWO, so I've shied away from it. I'm going to try it today, though. Thanks!!!

And Kudzu...How are people using it? I've been taking it every day, three times a day, but feel it's effectiveness has worn off. Thinking I might try just taking it when cravings hit...but does it work quickly? I'd love any feedback!
                  "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Hi I have come back to this page as I have had several months off wine and several months on wine this patteren seems to be how my life has been for the past few years. But I hope to start a new life tomorrow I shall try L glutamine as I dont want to go to my doctor I want to do it my way that is how I found My Way Out a couple of years ago I know I must have a problem as I keep worrying about my control over drink (wine ) no other drink as I dont enjoy other drinks wine helps me relax but I keep taking more and more so yes I think I have a problem. Any other tips I would appricate any advice thanks Angela1

Comment

I have been on L-Glut for about six months. No weight gain here; as a matter of fact, I lost 15 pounds just from not drinking beer. I love it. I take 2000mg a day, should maybe up it to 3000. I have not been able to find the power locally yet. My son is a bodybuilder and he said the powder form is best. I have capsules. During an intense craving, I threw half a cap under my tongue, and I was Amazed that it worked.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I am so pleased that I found this post.

I went and bought some L-Glutamine, but mixed in a sports recovery drink. It is a very high protein and low carb shake. I mixed a serving and drank it at my normal craving time. Two hours have passed and I have felt no desire as yet to pop into buy some evening wine. Normally, I would have white knuckles by now.

I am not worried about weight gain. A bottle of wine and a couple of beers daily is a hefty calorie load. I have been AF for limited periods before and I find that I loose about 10-15% of my weight in about 6 weeks.

Comment

i love l-glutamine!!!!

works great for me, and as far as weight gain, 1000 calories a night in wine did more harm than anything else i could ever ingest

Comment

Okay, I'm going to try 2000 mg. L-Glut. today. Thanks.

As for weight loss...I had decided to try the South Beach Diet as of Jan. 1. The diet is fine, actually...Basically I like the foods on it. But I'm wondering if it's just too hard to restrict foods while also working on restricting alcohol. I'm not talking about eating junk...That really doesn't appeal to me. But as I counted out my 30 allowed pistachios today, I felt irritated...Like, God dammit, I measure and count my drinks, and now I can't have as many pistachios as I want. I'm wondering if wine would seem like a less important treat if I could treat myself to whatever (healthy) foods I wanted. I may want to try the "eat whatever and as much as you want, as long as it's good for you" diet, and see what happens. Any thoughts?
                            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Are you supposed to take L-glut like twice daily or just at the onset of cravings? I just ordered some and cant wait til' it shows up on my doorstep. Also, I ordered the Kudzu (so, what's the story with this stuff?) Anyone, have any good results with it?
                              "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Comment

Working...
                              X