L- Glutamine BEAT THOSE CRAVINGS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sara, if your diet is going to hinder your sobriety, is it worth it?
    I have 6 small meals a day. I try to steer completely away from high GI foods and focus on high protein to keep my blood suger stable. I usually find that it is enough to bring my weight down and keep it stable.

Red I am not sure what the guidelines are for L-Glutamine. All I want to say is that is has worked for me so far.
    I am taking it in a sports recovery powder and drink one glass at about 3pm when my cravings usually start and then again at about 6pm before the bottle stores close. Each glass must contain about 500mg.

I have had a horrible day and I am still sober. I also work next door to a bottle store, so there is a lot of temptation everyday. The cravings have been minimal.

Comment

here is what I do with the poweder form take 5gm in water juice etc. 2 hours later another 5gm it works
      it's also good for the immune system.
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

l-glut doesn't do sh-t for me. But kudzu does. (oh, yeah, and I take alot of the l-glut in powder form-- I do believe it's good for your intestines, so I keep taking it-- 5-6 grams every morning, and sometimes at mid-day).
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Seacailin;516665 wrote: I have been on L-Glut for about six months. No weight gain here; as a matter of fact, I lost 15 pounds just from not drinking beer. I love it. I take 2000mg a day, should maybe up it to 3000. I have not been able to find the power locally yet. My son is a bodybuilder and he said the powder form is best. I have capsules. During an intense craving, I threw half a cap under my tongue, and I was Amazed that it worked.
          You can find the powder at some Walmarts or at Buy Discount Vitamins, Supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com I read here that a teaspoon or 5 to 7 grams works well...tried that amount and it works for me.

Comment

hey Florida Boy
            Nice to see you back here!
            Lila

Comment

I have some powder Glutamine I used when lifting heavy boxes at work, was suggested to help prevent soreness. SO it helps gravings ? I have some Kudza. Should I take a couple of hours before I usually drink wine. I have been drinking too much wine and sleeping too long on my days off. I work 12 hour shifts so when off am very tired. suffering alot from depression. taking care of sick hubbie. need hope. His doc told him not to drink, but he still does, so we are not helping each other. any ideas ?

Comment

Sarasmiles;516535 wrote: Does L-Glut (God forbid) cause weight gain? I think I read that somewhere at MWO, so I've shied away from it. I'm going to try it today, though. Thanks!!!

And Kudzu...How are people using it? I've been taking it every day, three times a day, but feel it's effectiveness has worn off. Thinking I might try just taking it when cravings hit...but does it work quickly? I'd love any feedback!
                Hi Sara,

I have not put on weight from lglut.
                The kudzu I take 2 capsules of a good quality (from here) brand and take it twice a day, first thing and about 5pm. I stopped for a while and found myself craving again.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Meow, I would suggest you start taking both lglut and kudzu and maybe your hubby too? As long as they dont clash with other meds.
                  Drinking will make your depression MUCH worse. At least it did for me.
                  Good luck
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

The Kudzu did not seem to do anything for me. The glutamine does help some, but after reading this I am going to take more around 4 or 4:30. My only cravings start on the way home from work, and last for about an hour or two at the most. If I can get through that, I could have this licked. I really hope it works, as it is, it is :thanksn the drive home from work that I cave if I am going to cave. Once I get past dinner I am fine. I think eating regularly to keep your blood sugar level level helps tremendously too. If I am hungry--forget it. Is there a good amount to take in the late afternoon to prevent cravings? I generally have to take more than some people, as the smaller doses don't work for me.

Comment

L-glut doesnt cause weight gain. Body builders take it immediately after exercise as it helps burn fat rather than muscle. It is also used for eating disorders as it stops cravings for carbs which I think is quite similar to AL cravings (AL has so much sugar). And it also helps keep blood sugar levels in balanced and its good for your gut generally. I used to take it in the afternoon before wine o'clock (5pm onwards) to stop me hitting the wine before I had a chance to eat and once I ate I was fine. You can take quite a lot of it without harm so NID you could take 1000mg to 2000mg in one go. I have taken even more on some occasions. I still take it religously in morning and evening along with the L-tryptophan as I really rely on them both to keep me calm and in control of my addictive binge impulses.
                      BH

Comment

Nice thread. I will be adding L-glut to my supplement regiment tomorrow.

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Seacailin;516665 wrote: I have been on L-Glut for about six months. No weight gain here; as a matter of fact, I lost 15 pounds just from not drinking beer. I love it. I take 2000mg a day, should maybe up it to 3000. I have not been able to find the power locally yet. My son is a bodybuilder and he said the powder form is best. I have capsules. During an intense craving, I threw half a cap under my tongue, and I was Amazed that it worked.
                            You might try Walmart for the powder or Buy Discount Vitamins, Supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com. There was a post here that said 5-7 grams daily worked well. It does for me. Mix it in whatever you like.

Comment

hi Florida Boy
                              Nice to see you around? Where have you been?
                              Lila

Comment

Working...
                              X