Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new..Will supplemements help with food cravings as well??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new: I'm new and ordered the book and supplements on Thursday...not expecting them till sometime next week so I'm just bouncin around out here with no plan and no dietary supplements...but since Th, I have had one AF day (yay!), one day with only 2 drinks and last night with 3 1/2 drinks....all of this is decreased drinking for me but I have been eating eating eating! I am a stress drinker and a stress eater...i have already gained weight from drinking and I don't want to gain more!! Will the supplements and the AllOne help for food cravings too? I read that Topamaz has caused loss of appetite and lots of people have lost weight on it, but I don't really want to go that route. I was hoping the supplements might help with appetite as well? Anyone????:thanks:
    Part of learning is getting it Wrong.
    The past is gone forever. Keep it Moving.

Keg,

The supplement plan (i have found) helps with minor anxiety and in general seemed to make me feel better. After you've read the book I think you will understand a bit better. The plan is a whole body approach. After time while drinking to excess you deplete your body of important vitamins and minerals. When you’re run down stress, frustration and stress are exacerbated. As many of the folks here can attest, exercise is important too. It takes time, but it works. Best wishes to you!!

Nat
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

duh, sorry i did not finish. I did lose weight, I lost about 10 pounds when I first stopped drinking. The whole deal just fell together. I am working on the other 15 I need to drop. But it has not ben a struggle.
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi Keg,

No, I don't think the supps suppress food cravings/appetite. At least, they don't for me. I barely ate while smoking 25+ cigarettes and drinking 1 large bottle+ of wine daily. Now, I catch myself eating constantly. I'm also rather concerned with weight gain - but figure I'll have to make up for the additional food with exercise.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

As for supplements helping with alcohol cravings...they did for me. I did, All in One and still do! Kudzu, L-Glutamine and Gaba for the first 2 months AF.....I also did a B-complex for anxiety as well. But, I will add this, it is still hard work and to stay AF you have to change your mind set!

As for Food cravings.....Two words.....Sunflower Seeds in the shell!!
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Some food cravings are your body craving needed nutrients. So when you take the All One and get all your nutritional needs taken care of, those kinds of cravings should diminish.
            Cravings that come from nervous-eating may diminish with the help of supps that help with anxiety, as listed in the book.

And I'm thrilled to notice that in not drinking, my anxiety levels have gone way down. Who woulda thought?
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

My own woman,
              I'm glad to see anxiety levels will go down. I tend to be a worrier and the anxiety levels have been rather high right now.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

food cravings

Hi Keg,
                Congratulations on starting the MWO program. I can't believe how well it works for me. Every thing you get in the start up kit are great. The kudzu and l- glut are fantastic in getting rid of cravings. When I started I couldn't believe that I even forgot to think about having a drink. I know your concern was weight gain as was mine. I do take the topamax, I know you said you really didn't want to go that route. I have always had to watch my weight. The topamax helped big time on the appetite. I've lost weight along with the cravings. Best of luck to you. :lMarlxoxo

Comment

Starter kit

I am glad to know that the starter kit work and get ride of the craving... I just can't wait for
                  mine
                  sigpic Brand new

Comment

Working...
                  X