Garlic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garlic

Most of us know garlic has many health benefits. I recently read that one of them is that it helps heal the liver (and let's face it, if you are here, your liver probably has sustained at least some damage).

I'm wondering if anyone else has heard about this, and if it is actually true.

Also, I want to know if marinated garlic cloves (in olive oil and spices) have the same health benefits as the raw garlic. I know cooked garlic has much less benefits than raw.

(and there's at least one self-proclaimed garlic expert here, hint hint)
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Garlic

I am interested in hearing more about this too. I know it is very healing and i literally eat TONS of it in almost everything that I make...except maybe a bowl of cereal......LOL
    I have been taking liv52 and my liver tests are much improved...it is easy to buy it on Ebay and quit inexpensive too.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Garlic

The Health Benefits and Medical Emergency uses of Garlic
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

Garlic

i try to eat at least one raw clove a day plus whatever i cook usually has quite a bit in it...can't hurt (unless i'm talking to you up close, hehehehe)...garlic is a natural antibiotic, i've heard.
        when i was nursing my daughter (for 2 years!), people would comment that she smelled like garlic because i ate so much of it...she can work that out in therapy someday.

Comment

Garlic

Hi Everyone
          Just checking anyone got a natural remedy for labrynthitis, I have just come from doc vertigo (and not even drunk). It is very frightening. Evie lay ur hands gently on me.

Comment

Garlic

irish eyes;570280 wrote: Hi Everyone
            Just checking anyone got a natural remedy for labrynthitis, I have just come from doc vertigo (and not even drunk). It is very frightening. Evie lay ur hands gently on me.
            Dear Irish, I am doing it now....put your hand on your heart. you will feel me there.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Garlic

irish eyes;570280 wrote: Hi Everyone
              oh my god, i had labyrinthitis and i was convinced i had a brain tumor from the dizziness! it's so weird because it doesn't hurt like a regular ear infection, but it sure messes with your head...you know, garlic oil might be good for it!

i remember it being so bad i had to sleep sitting up because i felt like i was flying backwards through space when i laid down...yucky!

Comment

Garlic

the med i got was for dizziness and it was called meclizine...i never took it because it makes one sleepy.

Comment

Garlic

I'm not sure where this thread is going (or has gone)-- but garlic man has yet to make an appearance. Oh well.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Garlic

sorry beatle...

is determinator the garlic man?

Comment

Garlic

Det has been sick, beatle. PM him, maybe?
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Garlic

Beatle, bless your soul!!! Garlic breath is here, hacking and coughing...darn cold!

well, haven't heard about curative liver properties with garlic...must look into that. Garlic is a wonderful infection fighter topically thanks to it's high concentration of sulphur compounds, but be careful as you can actually get a chemical burn from raw garlic..no kidding! i made a poultice of raw garlic once as a kid and it 'melted' the skin off my knee! it was one of the strangest (and one of the most painful) weird things I've ever done to myself.

want to hear something really sad? not 5 minutes ago i was peeling and chopping garlic for dinner and due to this stupid cold I can't smell/taste it at all.

The Humanity!!!!!!!!!!!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Garlic

Hi Det

Garlic poultice? What possessed you to try that? (hmm, you've had zis fascination vit garlic since childhood...?); and this was only one of the weirdest things you've done?!

I heard recently that garlic applied to a mozzie bite stops itching! So I have started growing some.
                          Get well soon...

Comment

Garlic

Almost nothing could be worse than not being able to taste garlic-- I do not envy you! Get well soon!

I know it's not funny (but since you started the "sad" angle) -- I'll tell you:

Where I live, property prices decrease in direct proportion to the odour of garlic in the near vicinity. (Obviously, there are no mosquitoes around here.)

Comment

Garlic

GMHC: The Liver: nutrition

Here's an interesting article I found.
                              Starting over again
                              ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X