l-glut or b3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

l-glut or b3

hi all, took some supps today and 1 made me go blood red, heat up for about 15mins and gave me a tingling sensation is this normal with any of these(took together so not sure which one):thanks:

l-glut or b3

That'll be the b3 petal.
    Look up niacin flush on the internet....nothing to worry about though
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

l-glut or b3

will it happen every time?

Comment

l-glut or b3

Not sure petal, I have never had it, just heard about it.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

l-glut or b3

Petal, I heard that you get used to it. My wife has a coworker who takes 500mg each day without flinching. I tried it and it is definitely uncomfortable, especially in public.

What I did was go to the natural food store and bought "No Flush" niacin. I take it 4 times a day (as part of my supplement regime while quitting) with no reaction like that whatsoever. I'd suggest you give that a shot.
          "With forward movement, you are bound to encounter turbulence." - I dono

Comment

l-glut or b3

oops

Attached files [img]/converted_files/869658=4887-attachment.gif[/img]
            "With forward movement, you are bound to encounter turbulence." - I dono

Comment

l-glut or b3

Niacin flush started for me with the b3 this week, at only 100 mg pills. Cutting them in half helped. I have read that if you work up to your dosage gradually you can avoid the flushing. I plan to do half doses for a couple weeks then try again and hope for the best. Whatever you do DON'T take the time released niacin, it is a KILLER on the liver and for most of us our livers cannot take more abuse at this point. The flush free is different than the time release I believe, but do some research before you take anything other than what you already have!

Good luck!

Comment

l-glut or b3

much better alternative is the 'no flush niacin' now available at most health shops. personally I take inositol which has the health benefits of niacin without the irritation. it's proven in real studies as effective as rx drugs for anti anxiety and depression incidentally (so your doc will never recommend it)
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

l-glut or b3

I heard that the "no flush" is no good. I guess you should either work up the regular stuff or just take it when you know you won't be going out for a while. I also heard the time-release is terrible on the liver... I don't know why, but I heard that from several reliable sources.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

l-glut or b3

I also heard no flush and time released caused liver problems. I would definitely search it online because I can't remember the specifics. I've heard good things about inositol.
                    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                    - George Jackson

Comment

l-glut or b3

I am new

I am desperate to stop drinking a glass of wine as soon as I hit home - which leads to a whol,e bottle or more each eve !!! HELP!!!:new:

Comment

l-glut or b3

Satz, a big welcome to you.. but you should go to the "Just Starting Out" forum and post there. There is also a "Need Help ASAP" forum and a place to tell your story ("Tell us Your Story").

This forum you are on (Holistic Healing) is focussed on ways to improve our health, and stay away from alcohol using natural (holistic) methods (rather than standard medications).

Good luck to you!
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

l-glut or b3

satz123;608377 wrote: I am desperate to stop drinking a glass of wine as soon as I hit home - which leads to a whol,e bottle or more each eve !!! HELP!!!:new:

Start L-Glutamine 15 minutes before you get home, trust me on this one :l
                          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                          - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                          X