Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low calcium

Hi,

Has anyone ever had blood test and found out that their blood calcium is low?

Anyone know what this means?

Low calcium

Hi Millie,
    I have the exact opposite to your problem... I have too much calcuim in my blood. Caused me all sorts of hassels when I was younger.

Did you ask your Doc?
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Low calcium

Me, too, DeeBee, mine has been on the high side. Went to an endocrinologist who said it's a problem he is seeing more, and most frequently it's a "binding problem" where too much calcium binds with something in the blood cells. He didn't think it was an issue. On the other hand, a friend of mine has the same issue, and it turned out she needs minor surgery on her parathyroid gland.

I'd get it checked out, the low blood calcium, just to be sure.

Ann

Comment

Low calcium

I found this if it's any use.
        Calcium: The Test

Comment

Low calcium

Thanks for the link Pops.
          It's interesting "low calcuim can be caused by alcoholism" -- shocking just how much we put our bodies through isin't it.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Low calcium

I have low calcium, which has caused osteopenia/osteoporosis. Have had over 20 bone breaks/fractures. Anyone out there need another reason to stop drinking NOW?
            P.S. I take 600 MG Vit C +D 3 times a day (the body cannot absorb more than 600 MG at one time, so the I have to take it that often, and the dose is hight because of my bones. Also, since stopping AL, and beginning new drugs for Osteo, my T count has come up and I may regain normal bone density. Yay!!)
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
            X