Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really emotional and sensitive since quitting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI,
    The previous thread regarding kinesiology made me want to post about something that has been happening to me since quitting heavy drinking. Everything has been making me cry, I cried at the gym this morning watching a documentary on world war 2 - yeas it's and emotionally charged topic, but normally I can hold it together to not sob on the elliptical trainer. I was really embarrassed - it was so out of the blue. And a couple of times I have gone to be and sobbed - but in a good way. It's like I have been pushing all my emotions good and bad, away in place of addiction.

Since quitting drinking and taking pain killers as well as cutting back on my antidepressants...actually looking at this I can see why I am so emotional. It's funny - seeing my own words helps me to see myself more clearly.

I'm enjoying this journey.

Hey Miss B, you are feeling stuff at last. Thats a great thing.
    It was the same for me, after numbing with alc, pain killers and various other stuff to actually start feeling my emotions.
    Well done for working through it!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Blossom,
      You know, the other day i was walking through a market, on my own, no thoughts in particular, and got a bit teary. I was wondering what it might be. I can only put it down to what you and Start's have said. I've always thought i was a sensitive, feeling sort of bloke, hard also, but having a little cry out of the blue was strange. I'm tipping it may have just been a simple feeling/realisation/gratefulness, of being, and enjoying being af, but maybe also just a sudden coming forward, of happy emotion, that i sure haven't felt for many years.
      Cheer's, and thanks for getting me thinking!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Blossom. It is a becoming of sorts of your emotions that have been blocked by drinking. It's good.
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09
        AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

I went through that for a solid four weeks -- alternating between crying uncontrollably and laughing hysterically... it's very cleansing:-)
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
          X