All one and niacin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All one and niacin

I have a question about the All One which i make into a shake with some protein powder in almond milk and maybe a banana. I have noticed when I took the niacin supplement at lunch I don't have the flushing feeling anymore. I was so used to it doing that when I just took it with my regular multiple after cereal or something. I worry maybe it's not working...Would anyone know anything about that. Maybe I should be taking it with the morning shake. Any ideas? :thanks:

Sunnydaz

All one and niacin

If you take no-flush niacian (which I assume you are doing), you can slowly increase your dosage as the flushing decreases. As I understand it, this is normal (for the flushing to decrease with time). I don't know what dosage you are at, but if you don't feel a flushing anymore, it might be ok to increase your intake.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

All one and niacin

thank you Beatle....I'm currently taking the 500mg of slow-niacin once a day(controlled niacin release)

Sunnydaz

Comment

All one and niacin

Re-reading my post, I realized I made a big mistake. I meant to say that I think you should NOT be taking "No-flush" Niacin. It is apparently very bad for the liver, which I assume you don't want to subject to any more harm. Please google it. I did, and found that it is not at all recommended for people with any liver issues to take the slow-released type!
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

All one and niacin

p.s.: if/when you go over to the non-"no-flush" niacin, you might feel flushing for a while. From what I've read, there is nothing wrong with that -- it is a good sign that the niacin is working. In my experience, it dissipates with time. But if you want to avoid that flushing effect, I've heard that you should spread out the niacin, taking only 50mg at a time, working your way up until you are at a comfortable level.

Comment

Working...
          X