Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guys....

thanks for all of your kind responses.
    I have called around 5 health food stores in Atlanta today, and still cannot find Kudzu and L-Glutamine.
    I guess i have to go online to buy.
    Do any of you have reputable, inexpensive pharmacies online that can deliver in a timely manner?
    Thank you so much. (also for baclofen, is river pharmacy the best deal out there?).
    Thanks again, and very best to all.
    What a great site this is!!
    Carey

hi guys....

for info on Baclofen online pharms, please read the threads in the meds forum. There is one thread all about each online pharm, how much they cost, etc.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

hi guys....

And for supplements. Someone once recommended Swansons online to me. I buy L-glut from there. I read that it's best to buy in powder form. So you take a lot per day, one little scoop in powder form. Most stores only sell powder.

Now about Kudzu... I tried from this site then at Swansons. I didn't find that either worked all that well. But in principle there should be something to it. Versions of this are even being tested in drug trials. If I were to get Kudzu, I would either get it from this site (and did so recently, despite my reservations about it) because it's formulated to the level of the clinical trials and that will be very hard to find anywhere else.

Or, one highly valued old-time member reported more success with a tea version of kudzu from a natural seller, I believe a Chinese medicine merchant. In any case, kudzu is no miracle worker.

Comment

hi guys....

If you want to try the kudzu, definitely get it from here (MWO). I've done my homework on this (and almost any supplement out there), and I don't think you will get as good or potent kudzu commercially anywhere else. It is also more economical to buy it from here because of its potency.

I agree with Nancy, though, kudzu is no miracle worker. It does make the cravings a little less, and so it helps if you are extremely motivated to control your drinking. My experience is that it also makes you feel much worse if you take it and still drink.

As for L-glut -- (again, I've done my homework) I think the best place to get it is from Bio-Recovery.

Login | Facebook

This is a high-quality supplement provider and is the exclusive provider to the reputable "Seven Weeks to Sobriety" Health Recovery Center. It is also an economical option (even with shipping, it is cheaper than buying it in a healthfood or grocery store), and it is reliable. I recommend the powder form (which I think is the only form sold by Bio-Recovery), but the capsules are good for traveling, in which case the capsules from this site (MWO) are excellent. The problem with the capsules is that you have to take so many to get any real use out of them (5 grams at a time is the recommended dose-- which means 5 capsules, I think). Also, the powder form (dissolved in water) is absorbed by your body more quickly. (It tastes very little, and is quite pleasant to me.)

Another helpful supplement, especially if you are having sleep problems, is lithium orotate. This is a "mood evener", related to lithium, but is very safe, non-addictive, and does not require a prescription or a doctor's monitoring. It is sold almost nowhere but online, and the cheapest trustworthy place I have found is Bio-Recovery.

Another good supplement from this site (MWO) is True Calm.

BTW, I am not affiliated in any way with any of these sites. I order supplements from 6 different sites, all of which I use based on trying out and comparing about 20 different sites and doing extensive research about quality, as well as comparison shopping.

Also BTW, I don't get any anti-craving effect whatsoever from L-glut. I only take it because of its other health benefits, and probably everybody should do that, but especially recovering (or not recovering) alcoholics. It helps to rebuild muscle mass and is also is reportedly good for digestion.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

hi guys....

They sell L Glutamine everywhere, it's usually with the body builder supplements. Most people take it for muscle recovery after working out. They carry it at GNC in pill form and a yummy rasberry drink form that I LOVE.

I only buy Kudzu from this site, it is the best hands down!
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

hi guys....

Thanks, Beatle. After reading your post I compared prices, and you are right, even with the shipping charges, the Kudzu from here is more economical than the health food store, even without regard to potency.

It's funny Carey--kudzu is easily available here. Maybe because I'm in the heart of wine country (Napa)?

Comment

hi guys....

Carey,
              I Iive in the Atlanta area and the GNCs carry the Kudzu and L-Glutamine, even out in Barrow County, so you should have no trouble getting it in the metro area.
              Good luck!
              Namaste'
              It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
              X