• Show
Clear All

THE WATER THREAD

Marshy;771417 wrote: Oh, I was wrong! Just found this

The sceptic: Is fizzy water bad for you? | Environment | The Guardian

So fizzy is fine. I'll leave now...
    thank god

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

I had heard that about carbonated stuff. Good to know it isn't true. I need some fizz to excite my tongue every now and then (daily). I make sure there is no sodium in it though. And I rarely drink sodas of any type.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

so grennie cofee is a nono,
        to much just causes problems.

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Marshy;771389 wrote: Is it possible to drink too much water? I know it doesn't sound as though most people have that problem, but I drink LOADS of it, all day long.
          Yes, but I don't think you need to worry about it. A local radio station around here had a water drinking contest a couple years ago and one of the women died of water poisoning (go figure). I'm sure you're fine if you can self-regulate.

I need to drink more water too --I generally keep a few bottles around my desk to prompt me into drinking more. When I was drinking, I'd wake up in the middle of the night and drink gallons of water, but now that I'm sober I don't do that anymore.

When I was in the nuthouse, the night staff didn't see the importance of having our decaf coffee ready at 6:00. I guess their culture just doesn't do that, and the little group of people huddled around the coffee pots bitching wasn't a strong incentive. Didn't matter if the coffee had caffeine or not, the ritual was important. (They'd taken our cigarettes and everything.) Decaf tea was put out like once a week and when it was gone, it was gone. That was generally in just a few hours. (Probably people taking handfuls back to their room.) It was an interesting study in human behavior. I wish I'd taken more notes.
          Kelly

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

UrbanFool;771430 wrote: A local radio station around here had a water drinking contest a couple years ago and one of the women died of water poisoning (go figure). .
            Yes, I think I heard about that. I'm not that bad :H

Sorry to scare you Mario!
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

I heard of someone dying of too much water consumption, but it was an athlete,maybe a marathon runner and something to do with a severe loss of electrolytes, which hadn't been replenished. 8 glasses of water in a normal person wouldn't have this same effect.
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

I've always been a huge coffee drinker, and under drinker of water. With AL, I "needed" my coffee to get me through the hangovers until drink time arrived. Post AL, my coffee mug is like my pacifier / AL replacement.

My chiropracter has been nagging me for months now to cut the coffee and up the water. Now I'm getting ready to start with a new weight trainer next week and I'm already getting the "cut the coffee up the water" vibe. Between the two of them plus all of you guys, I think I'm going to have to cut the coffee and up the water. :H

I'll give some thought to my plan for weaning - Greenie I'm with you not wanting the stinkin' headaches. WAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Pretty soon I will have nothing left to be addicted to.

DG

PS- Greenie I had no idea that much crap was allowed on ORGANIC apples!!! How much does it help to wash them in vinegar water?
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

I drink a pot a day (for about 20 years), and when I stop --I don't get any headaches. They aren't a given!

I often stop drinking it in the summer, because it's been 90 degrees F all night and it just doesn't sound good.
                  Kelly

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Doggygirl;771499 wrote: PS- Greenie I had no idea that much crap was allowed on ORGANIC apples!!! How much does it help to wash them in vinegar water?
                    I have read to soak them in vinegar water (50/50 but I use way less vinegar) for 20 minutes and scrub with a brush when rinsing. I always do it if I eat the skin. I use a little seventh generation dish soap for the scrubbing.

There is a "dirty dozen" list of produce you should buy organic. I'll edit later I have to run to the library.
                    sigpic

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Well, I'm just not ready to be quite so pure.....so maybe I'll just cut down on coffee and diet soda and up my water intake. Today I took off without my water and could hardly get through yoga class! Yowser! I'm going to try to keep my bottle with me and fill it 3 times a day to start. It is really hard for me in the winter.
                      I might try the sparkling water, I don't think I've ever tried it!
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

for ladyjan,, less coffee more water.

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Yikes!! Cut down on my coffee? Rinse my apples in 50/50 vinegar water? (What would the hotel say and how do I get the vinegar through TSA?)

I agree with all above about the caffeine issue, though.

Sadly, I do love my java. It keeps me warm and awake and it is the only free drink at the clients. However, they do have decaf and they often have decaf tea.

Hmmm.

No organic apples at the clients or the hotels though. I am glad when they have apples and not cookies. Neither of which is likely to be organic.

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

:H:H:H

OK before we all move to a vegan commune, lets just drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day and every day drink one less cup of coffee than the day before. Well that's greenie's plan anyway. Yesterday was 6 coffee / 5 water
                            sigpic

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

I am just off to get my water.......bad starty....
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

so far today not one cup of coffee,just tea and sparkling water.:thumbs::tonguemonkey:

Comment

Working...
                                X