Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE WATER THREAD

I guess this is the best place.

Some of us have been talking about our water intake. And our coffee intake. When my caffeine is up and my water is down I can tell in a lot of ways. My skin, my energy my mood all suffer. What you don't see right off is your organs. Your body is what, 90% water? Anyway we were talking about needing to rehydrate and decaffinate.

Here's a great book on the subject. WaterCure | The Miracles of Water to Cure Diseases

My plan is to decaf in one week (at the most). I'm not going to use decaf coffee because what's the point? I drink coffe like I drank alcohol. For the effect. I could care less about the taste. I actually prefer hot tea and have a large selection of nice decaf ones. I'll just taper off the coffee. I drink 5 to 7 cups a day. So in a week I should be done without that god awful caffeine withdrawal headache.

I plan to use drink tracker for my water intake. one unit will represent one 8 oz glass. In the interest of health and the planet, I use a glass or stainless water bottle that I keep clean (for the most part) and refill to carry around.

So, here I go! Anybody want to come along?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

THE WATER THREAD

Me!! I do.
    I am with you on the coffee drinking, I drink it all day long and during the night sometimes. And as you know, my mood has been crappy lately :-)
    I wonder if I can use tea to wean off the coffee? For me its the same, I just cannot moderate.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Many of us have different seasonal habits. I like a hot drink in the winter and I can have that satisfaction with tea. Tea does have caffeine but not like coffee so if you made the switch to tea you could easily switch to decaf after that. Diff teas have diff caffeine levels too. I just want to avoid that b**ch of a headache.

APPLES!!! Apples are good to eat to wean off coffee. One note here. You may want to peel your apples. They get a huge blast of pesticides and the skin holds them. Organic apples are permitted 36 kinds of pesticide to still be labled organic. Eww...
      sigpic

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Yes, I need the hot drink too. I have herbal teas that I could start to get into as well.
        Apples give me tummy ache for some reason...maybe its the pesticides ?

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

I need to slow down on my coffee intake, its easily 10 a day.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

LOL - using drink tracker as water tracker. Think of all the people seeing you having 8-10 every day!
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

LMAO Tulipe, I never thought of that!

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Starty, it might be the apple skin itself regardless of the pesticides.

Tulipe, I thought of that, but oh well. Maybe I'll put a disclaimer in my signature :H

Really, you have to drink a lot extra water to make up for the diuretic effect of the caffeine. It is huge too. Like a quart or something per mug of coffee. I will count decaf tea as water intake though.

Coffee also puts a hurting on your CNS (central nervous system) and your immune system.

I hope beatle comes here with some info.
                sigpic

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

right i be keeping an i on this thread

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Is it possible to drink too much water? I know it doesn't sound as though most people have that problem, but I drink LOADS of it, all day long.
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Marshy, I have run across the opinion that you don't need 8 glasses a day and that too much is not good, flushes out good stuff, etc. but I personally am not of that opinion. The author of the book mentioned in the first post did quite a bit of research and I haven't seen anything to support the too much idea (not that I have looked ).
                      sigpic

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

OK, I'll carry on! I always have drunk lots of water - it's probably saved me from getting too shrivelled from all the booze come to think of it.
                        sigpic

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Marshy;771389 wrote: Is it possible to drink too much water? I know it doesn't sound as though most people have that problem, but I drink LOADS of it, all day long.
                          good qustion marshy,i drink loads of it,especially sparkling.

from this moment on i am not drinking coffee any more. i will switch to tea, and then review in a week or to.

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

mario;771400 wrote: good qustion marshy,i drink loads of it,especially sparkling.
                            Ah, now I have heard that sparkling isn't all that good for you. Something to do with the gas?
                            sigpic

Comment

THE WATER THREAD

Oh, I was wrong! Just found this

The sceptic: Is fizzy water bad for you? | Environment | The Guardian

So fizzy is fine. I'll leave now...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X